Prologue

"Yet again the renowned painter Jellal Fernandez has sold his latest painting called "Girl in Pink shoes" for 5 million dollars at the Osaka painting museum. It has been said that the painting will soon be put up for auctioning at the upcoming Japan's art festival, also there has been a word that Enthusiasts from various countries will be present at the time of the auctioning. We do have to say that Jellal Fernandez has been the talk of the town lately, and the people are-with e no doubt- anticipating his next painting which he said was called, "The lonely blond girl" Oooo the name itself gives you the feeling that the painting will be once again actioned at an incredible value. This is Levy Mcgarden, reporting for Fiore News. Thank you and have a goodnight." 

Jellal's first painting was called, "The demon lady"

His second painting was called, "The girl who sore the sky."

And his third painting was called, "The girl under the sea." 

All three of his paintings were sold and auctioned for more than a million dollars each which obviously makes him the most richest man in Fiore. 

However, instead of living in a grand mansion he chose to live in a small, spacious apartment in the Main Street of Fiore.

Many people had questioned his way of living although he had so much wealth, but all he said was that he wanted to live a simple life like everyone else. The view from his balcony was the most famous building called Fairy Tail. It was just a normal six story building but with only the most popular individuals living there. 

And beside that distinguished building was an average shop which sells pizza. 

It wasn't the best in town, but it wasn't that bad as well. 

Many a times when Jellal heedlessly missed his dinner, he used to order a cheese pizza with no tomatoes and capsicum. He liked it, it was good and it surely filled his growling stomach, but set aside the taste of the cheese and the onions Jellal likes, there was another reason he used to order the pizza thrice a week. 

And that reason was Erza Scarlet. 

A 19 year old girl who works at the pizza shop in front of Jellal Fernandez's apartment.

Due to the lack of employment at the shop, Erza was the only girl to devote her time at the shop full time. She used to deliver orders to as far as the town ends and come back to only get more busier with orders instead of a little rest for legs. 

Her family consisting of only a mother and a sister, lived in the slums of Fiore. 

Not the best place for a beautiful girl to live in, but poverty was just as common as it was in other cities and it couldn't be helped.  

No matter how many millionaires live in Fiore, none of them cares for the poor and low-class citizens. It was a rather cruel and selfish world, but Erza never complained. 

She worked hard, and in a way she liked it. She liked her job, she liked delivering pizzas to strangers; some annoying and some a little too nice, but Erza Scarlet would always keep a smile on her face no matter what and that's what Jellal liked about her. Her smile, her cheerfulness and her unusual joy in working extremely hard. 

The buzzer rang and Jellal quickly placed his paintbrush in the water bowl and dashed towards the door to open it. 

He flung it open rather forcefully and there she was. Like a portrait, still with the box of pizza and with the smile. 

"Hey." He uttered first with a grin. 

"Your pizza sir." She said and handed it over to him quite delicately. 

"It will be 8 bucks." She mentioned. Jellal began searching his pockets but it seems like he had not kept any before hand. 

"Uh, wait a minute. Sorry." He said and placed the pizza on the table before going inside his bedroom for the wallet. 

Meanwhile Erza observed Jellal's apartment from the outside. 

It was cute she thought. Not much furnitures or decorations but colourful. 

She noticed a canvas sitting in front of his small window, it was blank, but appeared very ready to be filled with paints. 

"Sorry for the wait. Here you go." Jellal apologised and handed the exact change to her. 

"Thank you very much. Please order again." Erza bowed deeply and got up again to leave. 

"Wait !" Jellal suddenly yelled. 

A little surprised, Erza turned her head around, "yes ?" She said.

"Uh...um..I know this is-like-abrupt but..um..Are you free tomorrow Erza ?" Jellal asked with much hesitancy. Who said boys don't feel shy ? They certainly do, and more when there's a beautiful girl with Scarlet hair standing in front of them with the most precious smile. 

Erza was speechless, she was confused and had no idea what to reply to him, after all Jellal was a stranger to her. It was also the first time anyone ever asked Erza if she was free tomorrow so poor Scarlet had no answer to give out to the blue-haired stranger. 

Jellal waited for her answer quite eagerly. He could feel the beating of his heart rising and his body getting warm. Funny he thought, that only girls would feel this way in Manga and Drama's but boys feel the same way as well. In any case, it was reality and not just a Drama where only a girl would have feelings. 

Erza's options in her mind were, "Yes, I'm free tomorrow since it's Sunday." And, "No...I have a plans for tomorrow so sorry.." 

Now, she just had to choose either one of them and get it at the tip of her tongue. 

"Um.." She began but she didn't select an option yet. "I-" it was hard choosing, so she left it to her heart to talk, after all doesn't everyone quote, "Do what your heart says to do." 

"Yes...I'm free tomorrow." Erza said and for her it was unexpected as it may be because she herself didn't expect her heart to choose that option. 

"Alright !" Jellal blurted excitedly. "Then, tomorrow lets meet at the park. Noon sounds good ?" 

Erza nodded with her head down. "Awesome, see you then." 

Erza nodded again and turned around to leave quickly before Jellal could stop her again. She was embarrassed but she liked the feeling, because it was different and she felt something like this for the first time. 

Jellal waited until Erza vanished from her sight and promptly closed the door. 

Happiness filled his apartment and he felt like he could touch the sky with just a light jump on his toes. 

He was eager to meet Erza tomorrow, and he was eager to confess to her about her feelings but he also reasoned that it would be too sudden and Erza wouldn't like it. So he decided to first take it slow, to get to know more about each other and then when the time was right, when both will be comfortable around each other, he would confess. 

Not the high five type of confession with the ring and all but the typical kind, a flower and a chocolate. Girls love that and Jellal presumed Erza would love that too.