2.

AUTHORS NOTE - I'm sorry everyone for posting this chapter after so many weeks, ( maybe months )
But clearly I had a reason, I was really busy and I am really sorry for not updating. It hurts me a lot that you guys, who are anticipating my story and looking forward to it are waiting patiently but due to my busy-ness I wasn't able to. So please forgive my irrespondible act and I hope you like this chapter and anticipate new ones. Thank you very much Minna ! YOU ALL ARE THE BEST !

--

As days passed by like north wind, the love of the red and blue haired individuals blossomed into a fine looking flower.

Every day, after her shift, Erza would drop at Jellal's house for dinner. A couple of times they had pizza straight for a week or so, but once Jellal got fed up eating the same pizza all the time, he decided to learn cooking and at all honesty, he was unexpectedly a quick learner.There were days that they passed alone, immersed in their own work, but there came nights when they were together, for hours and hours until they would eventually fall into deep slumber.

On some specific nights, Jellal and Erza would sit facing his blank canvas under the moonlight and just talk.About them, about their future, and then suddenly end up just staring at each other. One day, Jellal called Erza to come arrive at his house at sharp nine' o clock.

Perplexed, Erza agreed to him without probing into the matter.At exactly nine, she rang his bell and immediately, Jellal opened it with a face of excitement and happiness.
"You seem happy. Anything special today ?" Erza asked as Jellal pulled her down on the couch beside her.

He stared into her eyes and pulled her closer by the hips. "Erza, do you love me ?" He asked.

He was breathing heavily, his face had become slightly serious and certainly, he was expecting a definite answer from her. "Of course." She said unhesitatingly.
"Then can you do me a favor ?" He asked. "If I can." She replied with a smile.
"Will you-" He paused. Erza suddenly began contemplating.

"Will you" is quite a dangerous word for a girl who was only in love with a boy for two months. Sure, there are many ways to ask a question with "Will you" but Erza thought that it would be the closest one of them all. The red haired lass looked at the latter doubtfully, and a little anxiously. "It's too soon.." She thought.

"Will you-" He began again and this time got closer to her, "Become my painting ?"

--

Erza wore a red dress, scarlet actually, perfectly matching her hair color. She sat in front of the window ( where they would mostly spend their precious time together ) and posed elegantly.

Erza looked beautiful without any make-up and that's what Jellal liked. She was a natural beauty, with a face of Hera. "Pose naturally." Jellal said and stood behind his blank canvas with his withered paint brush and messily colored palette.

"Naturally as in ? Do you want me to smile or stay blank ?" She asked.
"Stay blank, but smile with your eyes. They are pretty and believe me, I will make them even prettier." Erza chuckled and adjusted herself calmly on the average piece of wood and leather. She masked a serious face, only leaving out the eyes. Those eyes captivated Jellal. Those eyes emitted an enchanting aura that made his painting become more lively and enticing. Night after night Scarlet would pose and Fernandes would play with his brush. Strokes high and low, the dipping of the paint brush in the water, the smell of the oil paints and late night coffees, the deliberately colored rugs and splashes of blurbs of red paints became more and more addictive to both the poser and the painter.

Jellal would often go on without taking a break, and that didn't bother Erza since she was happy to go on with him. Sometimes, they would miss dinner but in the end a box of pizza would always be ready on the dining table. Erza began to spend more of her nights at Jellal's house. And she didn't mind of course because she was contented to be with the one she loved so deeply. Before she knew it, she couldn't control her overpowering feelings for Jellal.

That night, at nine, she wished that he would have completed the sentence with another purpose. But she had wondered, what the outcome would have been if Jellal had asked her that.Would she have ran away without answering or would she have said a simple yes and they would have kissed ? It was a mystery to her. A mystery she was keen on finding out. Jellal wouldn't show Erza what he painted, in fact whenever she came around the canvas, he would turn it or place a white sheet on it saying, "Wonders will never cease. So Wait. Patiently." Although nodding her head to what Jellal said, she did try to peek several times through the white sheet or by means of tricks but unfortunately she would fail every time,In conclusion making his boy friend a little furious.

However with a kiss on his cheek, everything-from rage to arguments- would settle down. On days when Scarlet would whine on being bored just sitting there for straight hours, Fernandes would put down his brush and spend some time with her, like slow-dancing or sitting in their bedroom while funnily talking about their so-called future or an excellent candle light dinner. He had never once made the girl he loved sad. And Erza thought that maybe, he was really the right guy for him.But no, not maybe. She was absolutely certain.

--

Jellal had taken a break to go the washroom before clearly warning Erza to "not peek until he gets back."

Erza replied lethargically and picked up a book from beside the table. She was reading her bookmarked page, but the words didn't seem to go through her head at all.Her eyes would unconciously turn to the canvas but remembering Jellal's stern warning she would avert it back to the book. This time, her heart was beating fast. She couldn't calm down and she knew why. Because she was having second thoughts on having a look at the picture no matter the later circumstances.

She decided that she would just peek and not look at the whole picture and if by chance Jellal caught her red-handed, she would end their expected fight with a kiss.
Erza snickered, and quickly glanced in the direction the bathroom.Her insticts told her that it would take maybe another five minutes for Jellal to come out, so she swiftly dashed towards the canvas and pulled the sheet off from it.

Erza, staring at the canvas in bewilderment, stood there still. Frozen.