3.

[ Authors note - Gomen minna for another late update for this chapter ! I have been a bit busy lately so I didn't have much time ! I'm really sorry ! I hope you like this chapter ^~^ please follow, vote and comment ! Thank you very much. ]

Blank.

The canvas was blank.

Colourless.

There was no shape, or even the least, a drop of paint. There was no Erza in it.

"Wha-what.." She gaped in confusion.
Why didn't Jellal paint anything ?
Those days when he was busily stroking his brushes, was that just an act ?
Those days when he told her to pose correctly for hours, was that just an act as well ?
Erza reasoned, that maybe this was just a mere prank Jellal was playing on her by hiding the real painting somewhere else so, she began searching in his little apartment but to no avail.
"That means.." Those times when Erza wanted to see the painting but Jellal would clearly tell her not to, were times when he never really painted anything.
"Why ?" Erza asked herself.
She was blank, just like the canvas. Her mind shut off like a ringing alarm clock and all she could think of was asking Jellal, 'why?'

Just then, her thoughts got interrupted by a clicking sound of the door, unconsciously, She rushed back to her previous position and waited as if she saw nothing.

"You look bored." He uttered as he casually entered the room.

"Not at all." Erza said smiling forcefully. She tried to keep her face as 'normal' as she could, however much she wanted to do it, it seemed difficult, even more than delivering three pizzas in an hour to three different places.

"Are you alright Erza ?" Jellal asked as he picked up his brush from the coloured water.
Now that she realises it, the brush appeared unused, and completely 'new'.

"Yes..I am." She answered.

"But you seem uncomfortable."

"I'm alright Jellal." She said with a smile.

Time passed and the both of them were still busy painting and posing.
Erza tried to keep calm and pressed inside herself the questions she wanted to ask him.
Though it did perplex her as to why Jellal is doing something like this.
And why he is wasting unnecessary time of his and hers as well.

Another hour had passed and Jellal was still 'acting' as though he was painting.
But this time, Erza thought it was enough.
Jellal's acting has gone too far already and that it is involuntary that he be questioned.

Erza stood up from her chair with clenched fists and dry mouth.
"Someone wrong Erza ?" He asked frowningly.
"I want to see the painting." She said gazing straight into his eyes.
"Huh? I told you right, that It's a surprise, so you gotta wait until it finishes." He giggled playfully.
"When will it finish ?" She asked crossing her arms.
Jellal's expression changed a little, "Why all of a sudden-?"
"I asked, when will it finish Jellal ?" She sternly repeated.
There was an awkward moment of silence between them.
Jellal didn't want to open his mouth and Erza wanted to let him spill the beans but both of them went into a state of quietness.
Their eyes used to meet all the time, however now it feels like a wall has been built in front of them, making them look at each other with absolute difficulty.
"I see.." Jellal finally broke the stream of silence into shattered mirror parts.
He plopped his brush in the water and advanced a few steps towards Erza.

"You saw the canvas didn't you ?" He asked, but she didn't respond.
"Figures..the way you were acting today seemed so suspicious, I should have known it earlier.." He sighed deeply.
"Guess it's over huh...damn, I had fun though." He smirked.
"What are you talking about ? Why did you lie to me all these days Jellal ? Why-"
"I know, I know-" he walked, "You have a million questions in your head right now and you want me to answer each frickin one of them right ?" And stopped behind Erza.

She couldn't believe her eyes. The Jellal she knew for so long had vanished from right in front of her.
The Jellal, she so truly loved.
The Jellal, she so truly dreamt of getting married with.

"I will tell you, I promise--" he leaned in forward and whispered, "But only if you do me one last favour."

Erza tried to turn back, but Jellal wrapped his arms around her neck and rested his head on her shoulders. "I like the way you smell Erza.. The way you look at me..the way you walk, the way you smile, everything about you is just perfect for my next painting." He sniffed her hair softly.

"Jellal..let go me.." She said In a disgusted manner.
Erza tried to escape from his trapped arms, but to no avail.
He pulled back her hands behind her back and handcuffed them.

"JELLAL ! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU-"
"Shh shh shh.." Jellal shushed her and walked in front of her. "Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything, well for now.." He rubbed his nape, "but sorry Erza..I do need to tape your mouth so that you don't curse me." He chuckled and taped her mouth.

Erza muffled, as loudly as she could but she was helpless.
Helpless as a rabbit who was trapped in a fox's hole.
Tears gradually streamed down her cheeks.
Memories, questions, confusion, all mixed up in her head like a whirlpool.
The feeling of disgust and despise evolved inside of her for Jellal.

"I should paint you like this. 'The helpless Scarlet', I will name it." He raised an eyebrow.
"You like it ?" He asked, slowly sliding his index on Erza's cheek to throat.
"Here..I could cut you throat and make you bleed. The painting will become more sensitive and emotional." He sneakered.
Erza's legs were weakening.
Her throat became dry and her eyes were blurry.

"Well..Erza, I'm sorry that it had to come to this so quickly." He turned her around and sat on the chair opposite the canvas.
Keeping his left foot on his right and resting his head on one of his arm, he sighed.
"You will have to die now." He said. "I'm sorry." He frowned.
"But you will die after knowing everything, so that's promising right ?" He asked. "Hm, but will you be able to take it like the others girls did ? Man, I tell ya, they were more amazing and alluring than you but you..you are different." He stared at her. "You made my heart flutter."

Erza just stood there, hopeless and speechless.