The different calling

July 1, 1938,

I was worried the stores would be closing down because of Hitler rising a power. Cartier looks concerned. But Pinault knows that when he saw that coming, we had to go to the basement as quick as possible, made sure our food supplies will be prepared because we will be staying there for consecutive months in no time. Pinault and Jacques were working at the cafe in Berlin as a busboy. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Pinault paused for a moment. "I was concerned about what is going to happen next?" "What is it Monsieur?" Jacques looks worried while dropping down the plate gently on the sink. "It's about WWII, that would be a risk state for the rest of us," "My goodness friend," he gasped. "This is getting out of hand, all of us will have to prepared for the worst, in that case, all of us would be wiped out in any minute. If we were going to the market, I believed something bad is going on, we should go straight to the market and take everything we need before our food supplies and stuff runs out." There was no excuse for the others to do so, Cartier and Pinault left work early, went shopping, bought the rest of the boxes of food and later on they went home to the apartment in Berlin. Bruno realized it was a different calling because they had to cancel their shifts and stay home. "I am afraid we cannot go to work anymore." Bruno felt nervous. "Filby, Helen all the rest of us, we told the boss that we had to take a day off because we were not safe at work any longer." Helen knew she had to cancel the internship for culinary. "I'm afraid I will have to cancel the internship because I didn't want that to continue when War starts." "You're right," Alice agreed with her. "We cannot resume it because I knew something bad is going to happen." Bruno's thoughts were full of explanations as he had something in his thoughts. So Hawthorne and the rest of our groups go to work on weekends, study and go to the library for the test. They always take the ride home, but this time it was different, and this was the different calling that we had to cancel our shifts and stay home because we knew it was not safe any longer, we got our bags packed, get ready and yet the radio said that if we have a basement or anything to do some lockdown drills to protect ourselves from Nazis. This is the time we had to stay calm and be indoors until the war ends. "I guess this is it," Hawthorne added. "It is as we said that we had to provide lockdown drills, we need to barricade the windows, doors, and move the bookshelves to make sure no one is going inside our apartment. At least, all of us were not alone because there's many of us left. Our cousins will be coming to our apartment to share some basement with us. Thus, basement is a safe place where there are no bad things from the outside." "You're definitely right about this, I mean I have some blankets, pillows and some stuff from the closet so that we can cover ourselves and lock the doors at the back and front. Hopefully soon there will be something to do while the basement is still in this active time."

"Okay so let's get going," Pierre replied as they continued going to work on weekends instead of weekdays.