Chapter 5:

Mabel and Edward stood in front of the wooden door. Well Edward had his hand on the door knob, waiting for Mabel to take another step so they both could walk through the entry way together. She had heard the other vampires conversation stop when they heard the car engine shut off and the doors close. Then when the sound of gravel crunching underneath footsteps was heard, she could barely hear a hushed whisper as they were only a foot away from the door.

"Mabel, are you sure you're ready for this? If not, we can turn back right now and wait. I understand its scary, but I think there are a lot of opportunities and things you can learn from this." He said with a comforting tone, he could barely hear the girls thoughts, as she was still blocking them from him but every once in awhile he could catch what he knew was fear, nervousness and excitement.

"I'm ready, its just- after eighty one years I'll finally have all the answers. And its just beyond this door, how can it be so simple?" She said softly, but she closed her eyes and took a deep unnecessary breath and motioned for him to open the door.

"Let's go meet your family." She turned to him with a bright smile, and she noticed him chuckle as well before he muttered under his breath.

"Soon to be your family as well in more ways then one..."

Mabel frowned for a moment, confused by his words before he opened the door and she followed him into the house. Her eyes roamed over every aspect of the house, all the way from the pictures hanging on the wall, to the last detail of how the flowers were arranged.

When the hallway opened to large living room, Mabel could see Edward's family, all standing perfectly with large smiles on their face. But the two members of the family that stood out the most too her at that exact moment when they locked eyes, were a blonde male vampire, and a short pixie like girl vampire. Whom was the first she had met for a very long time now by haunting her mind for the past eight decades. The short pixie like girl stepped forward, her eyes shining bright like tears were about to fall but instead they were filled with venom that would never spill over.

"Hello Mabel, I'm Alice. Or you may know me better as Mary Alice, your sister." She said with a warm voice and she opened her arms and wrapped Mabel into a tight hug.

Mabel stood there frozen in place, while she glanced around her to see the rest of the coven smiling brightly at the reunion. She awkwardly hugged Alice back and then cleared her throat.

"I-its nice to meet you Alice, but I'm afraid that besides, and I apologize if it sounds weird, but besides your face that's the only thing I remember bout you. I don't remember anything about my human life. I had hit my head as I was being turned, I-" She was cut off when a motherly like vampire stepped forward diffusing the situation.

"I'm sorry to cut you off dear, but I think we should all introduce ourselves and get comfortable so we can all hear your story dear. Make it somewhat easier for you, so you're not opening up to strangers." She said sweetly and softly.

Mabel feeling nervous glanced and looked over to Edward who gave her an encouraging nod. And then for some reason she looked over to the young blonde male vampire. She could feel him staring at her since she had walked into the living room, it didn't feel uncomfortable for her but she could feel herself relax under his stare. When they locked eyes he gave her a gentle smile, giving her the boost she needed to answer the older burnette vampire in front of her.

"That sounds good to me. I didn't think about it like that. I guess after waiting for so long, I couldn't wait to explain it someone who might finally have some answers for me." She said sheepishly and looked down at the ground with a small smile on her face.

The older vampire smiled and patted her hand gently when she grabbed it in her hands. "Its alright dear, I can only imagine the feeling. Let's all sit down and I'll start the introductions."