Chapter 6:

The sun was just starting to set when Mabel had decided that maybe it was time for Jasper and her to head back to the Cullen house.

No doubt, that his family, well she guessed , her family as well were going to be worried about them. Seeing that she had ran off in a rush, not taking in accord of everyone's emotions besides her own. Acting out selfishly and almost humanly, when she knew better.

Mabel looked over to see Jasper staring at her, she ducked her head looking at the ground, feeling slightly intimidated but also flattered that he was even giving herself a glance. Compared to what she looked like to other vampires, she was very plain Jane.

She had dark colored hair that ended in waves at her waist, a little bit of an overbite. Hips and chest that flared out when she wore the right clothing, which was almost never, her height being only 4'9, and if  looked almost closely, across the bridge of her nose and cheeks you could almost see freckles that were once her biggest feature.

"I must say, you are one of the most intriguing vampires I have ever met." He said in complete honesty, and she knew if she had still been human, her face would be completely red.

"Well, um, thank you, I guess?" Mabel replied.

Unsure of how to react to the situation, she started to fiddle with her hands. In the back of her mind, Mabel could still feel his emotions, like they were a part of her, and his thoughts were almost nonexistent, thankfully and a little disappointedly. She could only imagine what was going through his mind right now.

Another part of Mabel wondered if why she couldn't clearly hear his thoughts now was was because her gift decided it was too much to handle at one time, and had tapered back.

"I didn't mean it in a odd way. I just meant, that I never met anyone like you in my entire existence."

Hearing those words made her wish she was human again. So she could feel her heart race and cheeks flush in a way she knew the world was real. But to be that vulnerable again with emotions and being just that fragile , she didn't know if she'd be able to handle it anymore, so in return she just gave him a small sad smile.

"Well, you couldn't of met many interesting vampires then."  She said softly.

He shrugged, making the act look almost too human. Which was odd for their kind. They didn't rely on human emotions or gestures anymore. Everything was more animalistic and other worldly.

"I've met many, but not as many that are still in tune in with their human side as you are. The ones I have met were a little more, inhuman." He said in a dark tone.

Her curiosity had piqued at his words, but sensing the change in his mood, she knew that now was not the time to ask about what he meant.

"Will you tell me about it sometime?" Mabel asked, and  hoped that with the promise of later knowing his backstory that it would make him revert back to original mood.

"I think I can arrange that." He said with a small smile. But the look in his eyes, made her acknowledge that he was grateful not to talk about it right now.

"So is there anything I should know before we're back?" She asked in all honesty.

Jasper quietly chuckled at her question and looked at her with a bright smile. If she could, she knew her breath would've been caught in her throat.

"There's always something to know darlin', but right now we'll take what comes at us. But, for your sake and hers. Give Alice a chance, she's been waiting for you for a long time. Let her, I guess you could say pamper, you?"

Mabel's face grimaced at the words slightly but nodded in understanding. She knew she owed it to the other female vampire, as he had said. She'd been waiting an awful long time for her, and who was she to deny that. Besides, Mabel would take anything she could get to remember anything from her past life

"I don't like the idea of pampering, but I guess I don't have a choice do I?"

He shook his head. "I'm afraid there's nothing that can stop Alice."

Mabel let out a small chuckle. "She sounds like a force that no one can reckon with."

"That's exactly what is Alice."

It was now dark when the two had reached the Cullen house. Mabel could hear the other vampires mulling around and when the door opened she saw the pixie like vampire standing in the door way with her arms crossed, looking almost nervous.

"Mabel, would you mind if I spoke to you alone?"

A/N: hello my love bugs! I have returned and I'm so so SO sorry that it has been forever since I've updated. But recently things have taken a turn, I broke my hand, thankfully not my dominant one, so I now have some free time from Work to write!

*cue the shocked gasps, applause, and cheers*

Thank you to everyone of my readers and new ones who are loving and voting for this story still. You guys are my inspiration and my will to write! I hope this chapter pleases you and you continue to vote and comment !

Let me know what you think of the chapter down below and may the odds be ever in your favorrrrrrrr goooodbye!

P.S I apologize for the shortness!