Chapter 5

JAY'S POV

We were back at kay's bedroom after 15 minutes of crying and sobbing. She finally calmed down.
She didn't say a word and sat on the bed. I stood there waiting for her to say something.

"So what happens now?" She asked

"Well, there's good news and bad news. Good news is my mentor is working on a reverse potion as we speak, so you can return back to your old life. The bad news is........" I hesitated.

"Say it. I mean, what else could be worse than this?" She folded her arms.

"We have never prepared a reverse potion for a strong spell like this.. so.... It might take some time, like maybe months." I said

I was mentally counting in my head cause she will start acting dramatic in any minute, but to my surprise she just let out a sigh.

I raised my eyebrows. "Aren't you supposed to go like 'OOHMYGOD WHAT AM I GOING TO DO? ' I tried mimicking her 'Or cry or just whine?"
She looked at me with a blank face
"Oookaaaay.. maybe not."

"Theres no point in freaking out isn't it? I should start getting used to it I guess."She said
"Wow. So there is a wise side to you too huh?" I chuckled which made her smile.

"By the way, you would be here right?With me? Helping me with everything?"

"Ofcourse Ofcourse. Thats what Im here for. You're like my responsibility now" I said.

KAYS POV

I felt better when I knew that I wasn't alone in this.
" So, whats your name again? I forgot".

Jay gasped. Kinda dramatically " Oh.. You don't remember my name? I thought that would be the only thing you'd never forget. I mean come on. How can you not remember the name of a handsome guy like me. How is that possible?" 

He made a face. It was cute I must admit. "Its Jay by the way". He said with a frown.

"There are some things I want to ask, like rules of invisibility or things I should know. OH OH. I KNOW. So, the clothes I wear goes invisible too? Can I eat? Can I penetrate through walls? Can I......" Jay cut me off.

"Woah woaah. Easy there. First of all. Yes ofcourse whatever clothe you wear will go invisible, cause your body is still under the spell. If it didn't, how weird would that be? Floating jeans and crop tops?Floating dresses? That would just mess things up. And yes you can eat if you want to, but I don't think you will, cause you won't really get hungry" He said.

"Wait what? Why? Why wouldn't I get hungry? Wouldn't I starve to death if I don't eat? Look here Jay" I kept my hand on his shoulder and continued with the tone I use to convince others.

" I am a person who lives to eat. I love food. I would chose food over everything. I don't understand why you would say I would never get hungry. The day I won't eat is the day the world ends."

Jay burst out laughing. "Look I'm not saying that you wouldn't want to eat. Its just that, as long as you are under this spell you are partly connected to our world. You see,wizards don't get hungry or anything like that.

Rulers of our world,the greatest 7 mages ever lived are the highest authority in Etrix. Long ago, when wizards first came to existence we weren't fully aware of our capabilities and powers. The seven lords used spells to keep up with our body functions. But later on, the spells started losing its effect and it no longer worked. It was then that the lords decided that they would make an energy source which will generate energy for all wizards as long as they breathe the air in our world. This has been our main energy source for generations."

"You aren't in Et... umm. What is it again?" I asked.

"Etrix"

"Oh yeah. Well, you aren't in Etrix so how are you breathing? I mean, don't you need the energy source or whatever you just mentioned right now?" I asked curiously.

"Good question. You see, when we leave our world for different jobs or for other purposes, we visit the 'Ysguet'. Ysguet is the core of our world. There lies a giant crystal blue ball that radiates a very powerful light. Before we leave etrix, we go to Ysguet and restore energy. The amount depends on how long you will be gone. The time you have to spend in Ysguet depends on that." He explained carefully.

Wow thats a lot of information for me to process for the night. " So you people don't sleep either?"

"Oh no no. We do sleep. Infact, I myself sleep a lot. It helps store energy within your body for a longer time and therefore makes you a healthy wizard. Healthy, handsome, masculine wizard like me." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Oh here we go again". I rolled m yeyes.

And we both laughed.

"Lets get going then." He said

"What? Get going? Where?"

"We can't just stay here. When your parents wake up they are gonna come here and it will be chaotic.You wouldn't want to see it. Trust me. Lets go. I know a place where we can stay." He held out his hand.

I sighed " Okay"

Jay closed his eyes and murmured something under his breath. I couldn't really make it out.
I knew it was some sort of a spell cause after he was done I felt empty and it felt like we were being sucked in and the next moment I know, we were standing infront of some old vintage looking shop.

"Woah.. what just happened... Did we just teleport " I asked excitedly.

"Humans and their weird words. Well If that helps you understand okay. We did teleport." He said in an amused tone

"What is this pla.."
I was cutoff again by Jay. He pulled me towards him and I bumped into his chest.
"Heeeyyy what was that for" Honestly, I was really flustered by that.

"Watch it okay." He had a serious expression on his face
"A human almost walked through you. You can't let that happen. Its painful as hell when that happens. Be careful. It really feels like your soul is being ripped apart."

"Ohh.. Well sorry. I didn't know. I'd be careful" I said slowly.

Jay took my hand and we went into the old shabby shop.