Chapter 8

I was all ready and set to go within five minutes, since I was invisible to the world I didn't really care much about how I looked.
"Are we ready to go" Jay called out from behind.
"Ready" I answered.

I looked around to see that he was all dressed up in a pair of light blue jeans that matched his eyes and a plain red tshirt. I could see that he didn't make any effort to do his hair, but it looked so effortlessly perfect.

"Liking what you see? " Jay leaned to the wall. "I know you can't take your eyes off of me doll, but we really need to go now or we would be late" he smirked and I swear I could have rolled my eyes all the way around a planet. What a show off.

We stepped out of the house hand in hand, I didn't bother shoving it off for a reason I didn't really understand. We could be teleporting somewhere for all I know. "So where are we going?"
"You will know when we arrive" he answered.
I looked up at him as he closed his eyes and as I felt the unfamiliar sense of being sucked into nothing again, I closed my eyes as well.

I opened my eyes when I felt the ground. I looked around to see where we were. I recognized immediately because its the same road and it was the same house I've spent all my life in.
It was all sorts of chaos. There were a dozen of police cars and detectives and all my neighbors were hovering around. I knew immediately what has been going on and I sucked in a good amount of air and looked straight ahead, preparing myself for whatever that was coming. It was scary and I didn't know if I was ready to see how distressed my parents were. I wasn't sure if I could handle seeing them like that.
I was knocked out from all the thoughts that were haunting, when a warm hand slipped into mine. Jay. He was there. Immediately, my shoulders relaxed and I gave him a small smile when he squeezed my hand. He gave me a nod, assuring me that he was there and everything was going to be alright.
I nodded back to him as well letting him know that I was ready.

We walked pass through the cars and people whispering around. It was still so foreign to me that we were just walking right through them and yet nobody noticed me. I couldn't help but look at everyone's faces hoping someone would notice me, despite the fact that I was invisible.

Jay held my hands tight as he swiftly moved us into the house through the crowd. I could see how good he was at avoiding human contact, ofcourse he was, he probably does this all the time.

We got into the house and I froze when I saw my mother crying her eyes out on the sofa. Her eyes were bloodshot red and her hair was a mess. Usually whenever mom got upset, dad would always comfort her but my heart just broke completely seeing how dad was crying in a corner wiping his tears as well.

They were crying because their one and only daughter had gone missing. They were crying because they thought they'd never see me again and it killed me because I was in the same room as them, I was this close to them and yet I couldn't reach out and comfort them. It was pure torture.

I could feel Jay's grip tighten on me partly to make sure I wouldn't go running to them and partly because I needed that kind of support.

I heard the sound of footsteps behind me and I turned around to see a very tired Mel. I burst into tears as she walked right past me to my mom. The urge to just let go of Jay's hand and to give them a hug was so bad.

"Mrs Ashling, don't worry lucas said he will do everything he can to find our Kay. Its going to be alright" Mel tried to comfort my mom, but I knew mere words like that would be of no comfort to mom and all she wanted was to see her daughter.

I turned around to face Jay and I tugged his shirt to get his attention. "Please take me away from here before I see my fiancé, or I will break down completely." My voice was barely audible because of how weak I felt. Jay didn't say anything as he teleported us out of the house to a high cliff that overlooked the city.

I couldn't even look at his face, Because I was trying my hardest to fight back the tears. I felt him move close to me as he held my chin and made me look at him. I looked at him with a pained look.

He sighed and cupped my face in his hands, slowly wiping off the tears from his thumb. He didn't say anything but the simple action just crumpled me even more and a stream of tears started to fall one by one.
I was about to say something when I was pulled into a warm hug. He wrapped his arms around me and slowly rested his chins on my head.
I just broke down completely in his arms, and cried my heart out. I'd let out incoherent words when I sniffef and then and Jay would shush me out and throw in some comforting words every now and then. I cried in his arms for about 30 minutes when I stopped and sniffled a few times before pulling away.

"Feel better?" He asked carefully, tugging some fallen hair behind my ears.
I nodded back unable to look at his face because I knew I would look horrible right now with a tear stained face.
I looked up at his shirt to see that it was now completely tear stained as well. "I-Im sorry *sniff* about your shirt"

He raised a brow up as he looked down "Oh this? No worries, it will dry out" He held my hand and dragged me behind him " lets sit here for a while before heading back". I didn't refuse and let him take me to this one and only tree standing there. I looked up to see that it was a healthy huge mango tree. "Where is this place?" I asked him.

" Oh this is my secret special place." He answered as he sat down by the tree. I come here when I'm feeling down or when I'm upset, or just generally when I need an escape.

"Escape? Why would you need to do that. I thought you led a pretty chilled life?" I asked as I fixed my skirt after sitting down.

He gave out a small laugh " yeah I do live a pretty chilled life, but sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming. You know, expectations and all. " he sighed and looked around.
" In Etrix, someone somewhere always wants something fromme. Be it my father or my clan, or the mages. I'm from a pretty high class family who excels in everything and somehow everyone just expects me to be the best as well, when I'm really not. I mean, I could do better, but the constant pressure on me everyday by countless people, it gets a bit too much." He had a pained smile on his face . " but here, in earth it's different. Nobody knows me and I'm just a normal guy for everyone here. There aren't wars and killing and statuses people obsess about. Its thousand times more peaceful here than our world. So I crash around with James all the time. It's always easier here."

I looked at him when he talked. His jawline moving attractively whenever he did. How his eyes had a pained look when he talked about his home, and how his eyes lit up when he talked about earth. "I'm glad you find your peace here in earth" I took his hand and smiled. " Never thought I'd say that though, Earth, Etrix, Wairies. Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into" I joked lightly to lift the mood up. " Oh it only gets better " he smirked.

We stayed there just looking at the city glad about each other's presence, sorting our thoughts and after about an hour we both headed back to Mr. Krowahl's.