Chapter One

Tick tock

Tick tock

Went the clock in the tense silence. Their breaths mingled in the close proximity, a heavy blush threatened its way up Naruto's face.

Quick to disguise it, he shoved him away defensively.

"I've already told you! I have nothing to say!"

"But I do!" Sasuke grabbed him by his wrist, pulling him close. "I want the truth."

Naruto felt nostalgic in his arms but knew that this feeling wasn't meant to be. He pulled away, trying to act as cold as possible. "I've already said the truth, it's your fault for not believing the truth."

He sighed, opening the door to leave. He pulled out his phone as he walked down the stairs, breathing heavily. The dial tone rang until a familiar voice answered.

"Yeeello?"

"Hey Kiba? Can I stay at your place tonight?"

"Why? You too scared to sleep in your dorm?" He joked.

"Yes, I actually am. I'm terrified." His voice must have wavered because Kiba's tone became very serious.

"Ok, I'll be by to pick you up in 30. Wait by the dorm."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exactly as he had promised, Kiba drove up in his motorcycle with Akamaru in the sidecar 30 minutes later.

"Hey!" He waved to him with a spare helmet. Naruto smiled from the edge of the side, swinging his backpack over his shoulder. "Get your ass on, we're going out tonight."

He took the helmet, climbing on the back. Before he could place it on his head, they were speeding off into town. Neon lights blinked in the social hub of Konoha, music reverberated from the clubs onto the street. He drove into the back alley of a quiet bar, parking by the employee door.

Pulling the helmet off, he was invited by the cold night breeze. Pressing in the passcode, Kiba pushed open the door into the breakroom. They left their helmets and backpack on the bench before going out to the main room.

Naruto pushed away the bead curtains out to the bar. "Hey Kakashi"

The grey-haired man turned to him, giving him a smile with his eyes. Kakashi was his guardian as former track coach in high school. Now, he owns a bar called Blue Light.

"Well, look who finally came to visit me! My lovely son." He joked, wiping down the counter. "Have a seat."

"How's my dad?" He was only his guardian through marriage, his adoptive dad was, sadly, seduced by his masked, perverted coach. Said man sighed, "He still insists on you staying at home."

"But the house is way too far from my classes, besides I'm also doing you a favor." He smirked, resting his elbow against the counter.

"And for that, I thank you." He smirked back. Kiba cringed, sitting down on a stool.

"I didn't want to hear that from you, Sensei."

"What would you boys like tonight?"

"Just a beer." Kiba smiled, leaning his weight on Akamaru.

Kakashi nodding, popping the cap open on the bottle. "And for Naruto, a water."

"Hey! I'm old enough to drink." Although, he was a freshmen in college, he was 20 (almost). He had taken a year off of school to spend time with his parents and trying to find his path in life. "I'll get a beer, as well. Today was hell."

"Oh, that's right. You still haven't told me." Kiba exclaimed, taking a sip.

He sighed, accepting the bottle passed to him. "So, guess who I ran into today? Sasuke fucking Uchiha!"

"The rich one with the parents?" Kakashi asked, wiping down the glasses.

"Bingo."

"You guys were quite the topic at school. How long did you date for?" Kiba asked.

"Umm..we were friends for 5 years, dated for another 2?" He drank more of his alcoholic beverage, exhaling heavily.

"Do you still have feelings for him, perhaps?" Kakashi now had stopped drying and was deep in the conversation.

"Well..maybe, but it's not like I can do anything. You guys know that I accepted the money." Years ago, circumstance made him accept the money and break up with him,his own morals were fighting against it but he was too much in need.

"Well, I think you have nothing to regret. It's not as though there's no other guys out there."

Naruto leaned over, caressing the fabric of his jacket. "Are you implying something, Kiba-kun?"

"Sorry, I'm a loyal man to Hinata."

"You can always experiment, she won't mind." He scooted closer, with his sleeve in a death grip. "You know, I always thought you had a very dog-like charisma."

"Eww, man! Never with you, that's gross!" Kiba laughed, shoving him away. Naruto and Kakashi bursted out laughing at his reaction, leaving him blushing and sulking.

"Have you found anyone who's willing to work for you?" Naruto asked, after calming down.

The employee door slammed with an echo. "There he is now."

A pale man pushed through the curtain, a look of surprise on his face.

"Naruto?"

"Sai?"