Chapter Four

Naruto bolted after class, hopping over desks and escaped out the door. Sasuke shoved his notebook into his bag and rushed down the stairs to follow after him. Hands grabbed his forearm, stopping him from running.

"Sasuke, remember I went to high school with you! Wanna ge-" He yanked away his arm from her. She was wearing an excessively thin and low cut shirt even though it was 60 degrees out.

"Don't touch me...whore." He grimaced, rushing out without looking back even though she was screaming curses upon his name.

He followed the bobbing orange hoodie down the hall. It wasn't going to be easy catching up to him, he was a track star in his day.

"Wait!" He called out, but that only made him run faster. All he wanted to do was apologize for the harsh words that he said. He didn't understand himself why he said it, he didn't intend to hurt him. Admittedly, he probably was a bit impulsive and hot-headed but he couldn't help it.

He began to catch up to him and could see a biker speeding closer to him with no signs of stopping.

"Watch out!" He calls out, running to get him out of harm's way. The biker misses him by inches and he fumbles back. Before he could get to him, someone else was closer and was able to catch him before he could.

He stops, panting from over exerting himself. The man who caught him turns and looks back at him, as if he knew he was there. Sasuke focuses in on his face and recognizes it.

It was Sai.

The last he saw of him was the end of that year. He was a transfer student that quickly entered their group of friends. He disappeared after that, no goodbyes, just gone.

Who would've thought....that the bastard would come back.

He watched the sly bastard wrap his arm around his shoulder. Is he trying to compensate for deserting him at his worst?

He followed along behind them, listening to see if the rat was brainwashing him into believing he was on his side. As the door slowly close behind them, he stuck his foot in to keep the door from closing completely.

"- used to think that all that mattered was that having fun but that's not the case." He could hear Naruto say.

"Look, what happened that day wasn't your fault, we all were involved in it." Sasuke scoffed, that bastard was the one who left.

"How the fuck was it not? It was my idea to go out there."

It wasn't Naruto's fault, it was him. If he hadn't said anything about it, none of them would have gone there.

The sound of the shower starting shook him from his thoughts. Now was the best time to confront him.

He opened the door and slammed it behind him. He stomped toward Sai, turning him roughly around and grabbed a handful of his jacket.

"Why the fuck are you here?" He spat.

"Why else? Do you think I'm here for you?" Sai replied sarcastically. His mocking tone had always irritated him.

"You know what I meant, you drag."

"My, aren't you being a little harsh? Besides, this drag just spent the night with Naruto as well as today." Sai taunted.

"You might not realized it but this attitude," He forcefully shoved him back. "Is the reason why Naruto will never come back to you."

After he finished his sentence, Sasuke threw a fist at him, knocking him back onto the bed. Sasuke pinned him down as he punched him. Sai struggled to get up, flipping them onto the ground, trying to get the upper hand.

"Sasuke! Get the fuck off of him!" Naruto came out of the bathroom, prying the two off of each other. He pushed Sasuke back as Sai tried to get back on his feet.

"Sai, go. I'll hold him off." Sai wiped away the blood on his lip, smoothing himself down.

"Fine, I'll text you later."

"No, you won't!" Sasuke called out.

"Try me." He called back, leaving the room. Naruto pushed him away, slapping him across the face, leaving him speechless.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"The bastard is no good for you, don't you remember?"

"Of course I remember! I even remember that you aren't part of my life so stop trying to interfere with it."

"I never wanted that to happen. Whatever happened doesn't matter. I want you."

Naruto grimaced, his chest tightened. "That's what you want. But not me, I've..moved on."

"That's not what you really think...after so long, you can't change that quickly."

"Yes, I have. It was you who never did." Naruto was beginning to become frustrated of saying the same things over and over again.

"All you damn Uchihas are the same.." He muttered. "I'm taking a shower."

"Fine, but we're talking about this after."

"Whatever."