Chapter Two

After a night full of reunions and alcohol, he didn't want to go to class.

Kiba snored beside him on the queen sized bed, clothes scattered on the floor but what one would think that came along with the scenario never happened. Naruto sat up, keeping his eyes closed, the hangover hitting him hard.

He nudged his slumbering friend, asking for a ride to school. Sadly, he was too deep in a dream about his one and only. Getting dressed again in the clothes he wore yesterday, he picked up his phone to find someone to help in his plight.

Flipping over his phone, he noticed a yellow post-it note....from Sai. Barely remembering the night, they must have been on good terms in order for him to give him his number.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gods must have pitied him since Sai was able to drop him off on campus. It was a little awkward on the way but it wasn't tense. Their past relations did end abruptly because of neutral reasons but like any break-up, they never spoke again afterwards.

He still smelled like liquor and sweat from his clothes and Kiba's clothes were too large on him. Shifting in his seat, he moved farther away to escape Sai's nose. He looked over at him, smiling at his folded up limbs.

"Relax, I'm not going to jump you."

"It's not that..." He mumbled to himself.

Sai was dressed in a plain white tee with a leather jacket, casual but still way better than what Naruto sported, a dirty red hoodie.

"I haven't seen you for awhile since graduation. Where were you?"

"We already had this conversation last night. I'm not telling you."

"Damn," He chuckled. "Thought you would've forgotten." He turned right, keeping in the right lane to drop him off near his classes.

"I'm not that much of a dunce."

"Then you're admitting that you are, just a little bit, of a dunce." Sai smiled.

"Shut up." Naruto mumbled, pulling his backpack handle over his shoulder. "Bye."

He stepped out of the car, just about to slam the door.

"Wait." Naruto stopped. "Do you want to grab lunch later?"

He hesitated, but remembered that he hasn't been paid nor can he buy any before the dorm situation was settled and Sai did have amazing taste in food.

"Fine, I finish class at 11."

"And I will be here at 11." He replied, driving away. Naruto sighed, lugging his feet to the classes he had that day. He knew that he might possibly bump into him on campus.

He sighed, stretching out his stiff shoulders. His classes were moderate, but it was excruciatingly boring. Naruto walked by the few students who went to get lunch or just coffee in the campus. He pulled open the glass door, a gust of cool air welcoming him.

His first class was English. His teacher was a very chill guy, an author and a self-proclaimed poet.

Turning the corner, he was pulled up against the wall once again by the last person he wanted to see today.

"Can you not?!" He shoved him away, taking a swing at his face. Sasuke caught his fist in his palm, pulling Naruto against the wall.

Where did you go last night? You're wearing the clothes from yesterday."

"None of your business." Under his black rimmed glasses, there were blatant dark circles. His eyes were dreary and his skin looked sick. It was obvious that he stayed up last night.

Sasuke smirked, letting go of his shirt. " After all these years, you've become a quite the slut."

He was too tired to block the punch that toppled him back.

"Why don't you shut the fuck up and get out of my face, you dickwad!!!" Naruto was fiery red with rage and stormed away to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He kept his distance in class, however most of the farthest seat were occupied. How dare he call him a slut?! It's been years since they last saw each other, how dare he make an assumption about his sex life?

Why did he ever date such an asshole? He typed down notes on the class, staring off to space half of the time. Although their breakup was much like a scene from Romeo and Juliet, it wasn't even half as tragic. It was all for the money but now he wonders if he was fighting against it for too long. Sasuke was probably an asshole the entire relationship but his vision was clouded by love.

Bzt

His phone buzzes in his hoodie pocket. He tries to discreetly check his phone, hiding it behind the screen of his laptop.

Sai: I might be a little late. Sorry!

Naruto: Its fine. I gotta get new clothes 2

Sai: Kk, I'll be there at 11:30 at most.

Naruto sighed, class had ended and now there was another challenge. Getting clothes.

Worse, encountering Sasuke.