Memory Five

Dedication:  knockoutlou for the votes and cute comments :)

^^ adorable <3
-

PART I | "I have loved you since we were eighteen

PART I | "I have loved you since we were eighteen..."

Nails perched upon his bottom lip, he continued biting down on them, sorta like they always show in the movies. His left leg was practically vibrating as it moved up and down continuously, while his finger tapped against his thigh. He sighed once another gust of wind blew against his curls, causing them to sprawl across his forehead. Quickly, he moved his hand from his mouth, grunting once seeing some lingering spit on them and practically flung his fingers through the air until they became dry. Some of the people sitting next to him, turned and stared at him like he was crazy, causing Harry to sheepishly smile, as he tucked his curls back into their previous spot.

And then he turned back to the sight in front of him, eyes strained on a specific boy, whose back read the number 17. He watched as the boy moved swiftly against the mowed field below him, a football launched besides his feet, as he kicked it closer to his destination: the net. He pushed past people as his limbs worked in a specific rhythm, blocking and shoving the whole way. Thankfully, his fellow teammates had decided to chip in, and distracted the opponents from the other boy, keeping him clear of any possible rivals.

The clock ticked and Harry's emerald eyes traveled up to it much like the people besides him, gulping once reading that the game only had thirty seconds left before it ended. The stadium was pitch quiet, besides the occasional fans who shouted out words of encouragement, along with profanities which was angled towards the opposite team.

But, soon enough the anticipated moment had arrived. It seemed as if the numbers striked in slow motion, causing Harry to grab the fabric of his jacket, twisting it into his fist, and squeezing it tightly. As the numbers trickled down from five, Harry immediately returned to his previous staring.

Louis was inches away from the goal and above him, the numbers were counting down. Everyone paused and watched his every steps. How his leg moved back, the muscles straining along with sweat dripping down to his socks, before it was lifted forward again. The edge of his cleats collided with the ball, which went flying towards the net. Harry's heart felt like it could jump right out, and he even let a silent prayer mumble between his lips, fingers clenching around his jacket even tighter.

Everything seemed to work even slower, as the ball flew in the air and finally, hit against the back of the net. Immediately, people around him, including Harry, jumped out of their seats and roaring screams left their lips. Harry grinned and let out similar shouts of glee, before he began pushing past the fans besides him. Many red painted faces turned towards him for a split second in surprised, but he chose to ignore them. Instead, he shoved up and down seats, until he was finally besides the end of the bleachers. Similar to others, he jumped down onto the grassy fields, while the players stood a few feet ahead of him.