Memory Seven

Dedication: of-outside-minds for voting and the cool username! :)

Cute :D

-

PART I | Babies and Bonding Time

The hallway was filled with rows of seats, each separated by a tall lively plant. Funny how that might be the only lively thing in the whole building, for a few people. The area practically reeked of sadness and broken promises, of never leaving each other, no matter what. Well, that's how it was for everyone, except Louis and Harry. For them today was an extremely important day, and thankfully, it didn't involve anyone dying. At least, that's what they hoped.

Harry's knee was bouncing up and down, the curls messily spreading across his face from the action. He didn't mind though, he had more things to worry about. Louis however noticed, and brought his fingers closer to Harry's soft skin, tucking the strands of hair behind his ear. They had grown a lot since their wedding, now almost close to his shoulder.

Harry glanced up, catching the other's eye and sending him a shaky smile. Louis sighed at that, swinging an arm around the younger boy's shoulders and bringing him closer to his chest. Harry squeezed his eyes shut and hid himself against his husband's sweater clad chest, while the other leaned his chin across Harry's hair, while humming a soft melody under his breath. Harry smiled once recognizing it as 'Hey Jude,' something they always dance around to in their boxers, with the music blasting through their home.

"She'll be alright, love. We'll all be alright," Louis reminded him, while holding the younger man closer in his arms.

"How are you so sure? The doctor still hasn't told us anything," Harry mumbled, nuzzling his forehead against Louis' collarbone.

"Babe, that's because she's still in labor. I can practically hear her screams from here," Louis chuckled, causing the ends of Harry's lips to tweak up. It was nice to see Louis attempt to bring a happier aspect to this nerve-wracking situation, but Harry could hear the other's heartbeat practically match his own. Fast and loud.

"Still..." Harry weakly muttered, as Louis shushed him, while running his fingers through the other's long hair, knowing that it calmed the man down. And it did. Before realizing it, Harry felt himself drifting off into slumber, which seemed like an unknown concept to the pair. Stressing over Alice's pregnancy and buying new furniture, as well as making their house baby-proof, was taking up all of their nights. Don't forget about their jobs as well, along with the costs that came from all of their purchases, especially the house that they bought.

A year after getting married, Harry and Louis decided that their apartment was not going to be big enough for hopefully, a family. Their family. Seeing how Louis' father had passed away earlier, he had given his stepson the responsibility of being the CEO of the company. They worked to create buildings and bridges mostly in England, sorta like architectures. It had a really nice paycheck, but the hours he had to spend there were bizarre. Louis was usually up till twelve answering emails and phone calls, none of which he declines in the fear of somehow letting his father down.

After Harry had graduated from university, he had gotten an internship at a magazine company. There, he was given the job of taking pictures of the main subjects of the articles, as well as editing or even writing those as well. The job paid well enough for him to contribute to the bills with Louis and was fun too. He adored it, but dealing with his arrogant and annoying workers was a pain in the ass. Luckily, his boss was a lot nicer than those nincompoops, who he absolutely despised.

But, just as Harry was about to fall asleep, the sound of footsteps pattering across the tiled floor and voices chattering stopped him. Louis groaned and attempted to conceal him back into his chest, but the other shook his head and pulled away. He dazedly smiled at both of their family members, who had cups of coffee held between their fingers. Louis glared a bit, muttering something about how they ruined Harry's sleep, but the other shushed him.