Times up

The girl entered the room with a radio on hand. And easily see a boy on the bed with his eyes close.

"Eijun?." The girl ask.

Said boy slowly open his eyes and look at her. The girl startled. The boys eyes is dull, as if unseeing.

But the boy smile. And tilt his head to the side.

"Wakana?" He said.

The girl smile, though still a feeling of dread in her heart remains.

"I bring a radio. You know to listen to the game." She said setting the device on the bedside table and sits on a chair beside the bed.

She turn on the appliance and look up for the channel that broadcast the game. She found it and settle on her seat to listen.

"Oh it already started." She said and look at the boy at the bed.

The boy have his eyes close, as if memorizing each word the announcer said about whats happening on the game.

Many times she saw Eijun clench his fist while listening. Many time she saw him bit his lip out of frustration when seido player strikes out. But, as time pass, the game shifted. The game is brutal. Both team give all to earn the title of being "champion" . The game is close to its end. And then..

"SEIDO WON! AFTER 8 YEARS, SEIDO NOT ONLY WENT TO KOSHIEN BUT ALSO TAKES THE TITTLE OF CHAMPION. AT THE END OF NINE INNING THEY TAKE THE LEAD 5-4 THAT MAKES THEM WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!"

Wakana jumps out of her seat and scream.

"They won! Eijun! They won, Eijun!!!!" She scream. Jumping of her toes. She looks at her friend with a wide smile at her face.

"I will get us drinks to celebrate! I think the guys have watch the game and they will be likely be here any mo ments now! Kazuya is our childhood friend and it's a big honor that he comes from the village. Everyone will be so happy!!" She said.

The boy open his eyes. A smile tugging at his lips. A strange emotions flashed his face but is replace with happiness.

"Yeah! That is an awesome game! Everyone is so good! Yes lets celebrate!" He said voice with exhaustion thats his friend failed to recognised.

"Right! I'll be right back! All she said and went out the door.

The boy is left alone. He only hear bits of what Wakana said. He's hearing is strangely slightly muffled. His eyes is blurry although he already wipe his tears.

He looks up outside to the blue sky.

"I see.."