Hadvar X Injured!Reader

Warning; Possibly Gory/Graphic Scenes

You and Hadvar raced through the streets of Whiterun, constantly dodging attacks left and right.

You were currently fighting against the Stormcloaks, who were attempting to take Whiterun Hold. It was surprising that the two of you were placed in the same battle, considering General Tullius prefers to separate you two so he could have power on both sides.

"Hadvar," you called out, "behind you!"

With a sudden jerk of his body, Hadvar dodges the incoming soldier. The Stormcloak messily swings his sword once again, with Hadvar raising his blade, blocking the soldier. The two clash steel, but Hadvar finishes it by pushing his sword, knocking the Stormcloak off-balance to the floor.

"Thanks," Hadvar begins, wiping his forehead with his free arm. "I owe you."

You nod. "No problem."

You had gotten distracted from all of the crowds and loud noises, and hadn't heard Hadvar's frantic warnings. You see a Stormcloak barreling towards you with a long sword.

In a panic, you attempt to dodge, but the Stormcloak matches your speeds. Luckily, you had gotten far enough that the hit wouldn't be fatal.

The soldier jars the sword into your abdomen, knocking you to the ground. You manage to lift your right leg, kicking the Stormcloak in the gut. Hadvar rushes and slices the man aggressively with his sword.

Hadvar shouts for more support as he kneels down to reach your level. You couldn't bear to see him this way, with the horrified expression. Hadvar's hands were trembling and his sword clatters as it hits the ground.

"Y/N..." Hadvar says, his voice barely in a whisper. You could hardly focus on his face, your vision was becoming darker and darker as your wound bled.

"Hadvar, I'm so stupid. I should've listened to you." You cried, tears rolling down your cheeks. Hadvar takes his hand and wipes the tears.

"Don't say that, Y/N." He scolds, choking on his own words.

It was becoming harder to breath now, and your sight was so dark you could only see Hadvar.

"By the Eight, don't close your eyes on me! Do you hear me, soldier?" Hadvar screams at you, tears staining his cheeks.

Your eyes softly closed, feeling more peaceful. Hadvar refused to believe that you were dead.

He lifts you up, and rushes you to the temple where some healers awaited for the injured soldiers. He bursts through the doors, as two healers pick you up and lie you down.

Hadvar glanced around to see General Tullius, getting his leg wrapped. Tullius hobbles over the Hadvar, and gives him an acknowledging nod.

"General Tullius, may I stay with Soldier L/N? She's been severely injured and I'm worried for her." Hadvar pleads as his gaze shifts over to the healers working on you.

Much to Hadvar's disappointment, General Tullius shook his head. "I'm afraid not, soldier. We're greatly outnumbered and we need as many soldiers we can get out there fighting." Tullius explains, adjusting his sword on his belt.

Before Hadvar could reply, Tullius exited the room. He sighed, stealing a quick glance at you as you slept on the bed. Hadvar's mind was filled with worries as he exits the room and enters the chaos.

~~~~

The battle was over, and the Imperials had been victorious. Without thinking, the first thing Hadvar did was run to the Temple.

He observed the room to see many other soldiers chatting with their injured comrades, but it was so crowded he hadn't found you yet.

One of the healers approached Hadvar with a warm smile. "You're the one who brought the girl earlier, correct?" She asks, a calming aura with her.

Hadvar nods. The healer suddenly motions to you, who was still fast asleep on the bed.

"She should be fine. The wound in her abdomen was not too deep, so there was not much conflict. You may visit her now, if you'd like." The woman calmly reports, as Hadvar words a quick "thank you."

Hadvar gradually makes his way to bed, where he sits on the chair beside it. He felt awkward awaking you, so he tapped on your shoulder and whispered, "Y/N?"

Your eyes flutter open, to see Hadvar towering over you with a comforting smile. He wraps his arms around you, carefully avoiding your injuries.

"Thank goodness you're alright." Hadvar whispers, tears in his eyes.

You awkwardly adjust as you feel the wrap on your abdomen. You winced as you felt the sharp pain, but soon got used to it.

"Are you alright?" Hadvar asks, noticing your wincing.

You nod with a smile. "Yes Hadvar, I'm fine. And thank you for what you did."

Hadvar gives you a quick peck on the lips. "No problem," he begins, mocking you from earlier that day. "Besides, now we're even."

Don't feel shy to request!