PART 1

Skype Call:

"I miss you so much." I said while gazing at my laptop screen.

"Don't worry, babe. I'll come tomorrow." His voice was raspy and low as he started yawning.

"Oh okay." I giggled, knowing he was being sarcastic. "That would be nice, though."

"Haha yeah I might be joking."

"I love you." I felt myself drifting away too.

"I love you too. Soon you'll be in my arms like you've been wanting."

It was silent now as we just smiled at each other through the screen.

"Goodnight, hun." I waved, sleepy.

"Night, Laina." He winked before ending the call.

xoxo

Joe, my boyfriend, has recently gotten a promotion with his job so we barely ever get the chance to see one another anymore.

Since he lived way across to the other side of California, it'll only make matters worse with me ending up missing him more.

Whenever we did meet, though, we'd most of the time take advantage of it.

xoxoxo

I zombied my way downstairs like usual to my kitchen. I grabbed some milk, fruits, yogurt and ice from the fridge to make my morning smoothie.

Afterwards, I plopped down on my couch to put on the TV.

My mom called from the door as she left for work. I said my goodbyes then sat there in utter, lonely boredom.

'Joe would make this much better.' I brushed away the thought and kept slurping at my smoothie.

I flipped through the channels trying to find something interesting when I heard a knock at my door.

"It's unlocked, Mom." I called, expecting for it to be my mom who accidentally left something here.

The door opened and closed silently. I didn't really bother to turn around but soon I felt hands cover my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused.

"Hey, baby girl." Answered the deep, familiar voice.

Immediately I knew who the voice belonged to as I turned around with the biggest smile on my face. I saw exactly who I wanted to see.

"Joe!" I exclaimed, jumping up on the couch to wrap my arms around his shoulders. I didn't want to let go.

His arms wrapped back around my back as he chuckled. "Hey there." He rubbed my back as I pulled away.

"I thought you were joking! I missed you so much!" I randomly kissed him all over his face while he scrunched his nose.

"I missed you too. And to make it up for the lost time, I'm treating you today." He smiled as he held me by the waist.

"Go and put on something sexy, beautiful." He playfully tapped my butt.

"Oh okay." I unwrapped myself from him and happily went upstairs.