Two

Farkle's POV:

I say goodbye to Riley, then start walking home. I look back at Riley, and watch her get on her bus. She looks sad. And nervous. It broke my heart a little seeing her like that. I'm going to have to stay by her side the whole time we are on this camping trip. It won't be hard. But, Charlie might try something. I swear, if he touches her. I'm going to break his nose. After what he did to her, he deserves it. I'm the only one who knows what he did. Not even Maya knows. All her parents, Zay, Lucas, and Maya know is that Charlie and Riley dated for a few weeks, then she broke up with him. But there was a lot more to it... He broke her.

I shake the thought away when I realize that I am home. I walk inside and set my bag down on the couch. I see a bag on the coffee table that has my stuff for this week in it. I walk upstairs to my room, and lay down on my bed.

Gosh, I wish my phone so I could talk to Riley. This week is going to be hard for her. For me too, it will be hard for me not to bash his face in. I sit up and grab the picture of me and Riley off of my nightstand, then I lay back down. I look at the picture and smile. (A/N: Picture is at the top.) It's one of my favorite pictures of us together. She looks so happy. All I ever want for her is, for her to be happy.

Gosh, I love her so much.

But she will never see me as anything more than her best friend. I've loved her since 1st grade. It's been eight years. Eight years since we met, and I realized I loved her more than anything.

I place the frame back on my nightstand, then look at my watch.

4:45pm.

I should get going. We're leaving at 5 to go to the camp site. I walk out of my room, and back downstairs. I grab my bag off of the coffee table, and go into my parents room, where my mom is organizing her jewelry. "Bye mom, I'm going to ride with Riley to the camp site. I'll see you next week." I say as I lightly kiss her cheek.

"Okay dear, have fun." She smiles then kisses the top of my head.

And with that, I walk out of her room, then out the front door. I walk down the stairs and start walking to Riley's house. I get there in ten minutes.

I push the button, and a minute later, Riley says, "who is it?"

I push the button again and say, "hey riles, it's Farkle."

"Oh okay, come on up." She says, and let's me into the building.

I push the elevator button and get inside. Then click the floor number. After a minute, I step out of the elevator and walk towards Riley's door. I ring the door bell, and I hear Riley yell, "I got it!" I laugh at that.

She opens the door and says, "Hey! Come on in."

"Thanks." I walk inside, and set my bag down next to the couch.

Suddenly Riley grabs my hand and drags me into her room. She shuts the door and we go and sit down at the bay window.

"Farkle?"

"Yea, riles?"

"What are we going to do about Charlie?" She asks, as she looks at me for an answer.

"Well, I think the best thing for now, is to just avoid him as much as possible. I won't let him near you. I promise. So, maybe we should stick together the whole trip. I need to stay away from him too." I say, as she looks at me confused.

"Why would you need to stay away from him?"

"So I don't brake his face." I say, as she laughs a little. "Or you could let me brake his face. I mean, he deserves it for what he did to you."