Part 4

Amarendra stormed into his father's room with clenched fists. His eyes turned red and burned with fire. Thunder grumbled in the distance as cold rain fell from the darkened sky.

"Kumara, why are you awake at this time?" Darawesh Khan asked

In response, Amarendra held his palm out, an indication to stop. He called the soldiers that had been protecting the chamber.

In a dangerous voice he asked, "So you all have gone deaf? The one duty that has been assigned to you, you neglect. Because of you, someone is injured. Could any of you hear me calling, or did you just choose to ignore it."

The guards turned to Darawesh Khan.

"Son, what is the problem?"

"What is the problem? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? I will tell you. There has been an attack in the garden. Amrutha is wounded."

"What were you doing in the garden? Do you know who attacked? Are you injured?"

"I was taking a walk," Amarendra lied. "I do not know who was responsible for the violence yet. When I do, I will kill them. No, that is too easy. I will torture them. They will see what a real monster is."

"Are you injured kumara?"

"No. But Amrutha is."

"Subhan Allah, nothing happened."

"Did you not hear me? Amrutha was shot."

"Kumara, I am happy that you are safe. Even if Amrutha is dead it is unimportant. My beloved son is safe and that is enough. Amrutha is a dhaasi; she may easily be replaced. But you will be king."

"She is not just a dhaasi. She is my friend!"

"Of course. Pardon me. Where is she? I will be sure to visit to see to her health."

"Thank you father. She is with Amardad Banu; her condition is critical. I will also stay with her for some time. Meanwhile I would appreciate if the people behind the attack are found. I wish to deal with them personally." Amarendra whispered the last sentence, fury prominent in his voice.

"Of course. You may go my son. I will just talk with the guards regarding the attack," Darawesh Khan replied while glaring seriously at his soldiers.