Wolf 17

- DO KYUNGSOO - 

I don't want to mean what I said. In fact, I want to pull the words back into my stupid mouth and to my brain which urged me to say them. My heart bleed for them and I'm afraid I wouldn't have enough strength to ease the pain those words brought. 

I heard a gruff but I didn't dare to look. I tried hard to focus on Taemin's wounds, ripping shards of his clothes to tie around them. He's bleeding too bad, I'm afraid he'll die any second now. 

"Lift him up." Kim Jongin murmured and he even sounded annoyed. 

I threw him a glare. "You heard me," I hissed at him. "Go." 

"And what?" Jongin challenged and he took one heavy step nearer, making me wince. "Leave you? Kyungsoo, you must be a really good son and student but you're worst at lying. And... don't lie to a liar, you're making it easier for me to read you." 

The arrows of his words hit home, right at the middle of my chest. I slowly looked up at him just to find his wolf face too close to mine. He smells of blood and his fur glistened with dew and mud. His eyes are red and angry but something tells me he's not furious at me but at the situation we are in. We are trapped in a love story meant to fail. 

Am I ready for such? 

"My Mother needs me, Jongin." I whispered and his name caught in my throat, flowing to my cheek and pinching them until I could feel wet lumps on the sides of my eyes. Crying has never felt so bad until now. It made me feel weak, fragile, and totally in need of him. 

I love him. How could I ever lie to him about that? 

Jongin sneered and blood drips from his canines. "And how about me, Kyungsoo?" he asked. "Do you even know how much I need you?" 

My fingers flew to my cheek, wiping the tears that continued to flow. When I slowly shook my head, Jongin's eyes blazed with something more than want and anger. He's disappointed... with himself. 

"I need you to keep this heart of mine beating for another second, another minute, another day." he hissed. But no matter how much he wants to sound angry, his voice faltered with embarrassment and gentleness I can't quite understand. "Do you even realize what that means? Kyungsoo, I would die losing you. And no one could ever take you away from me." 

I would want to respond with something stronger than my crying face staring up at a giant werewolf. But when I opened my mouth to talk, Kim Jongin stooped and bumped Taemin's body gently with his snout. 

"What are you doing?" I asked, my breaths coming in raggedly. 

"Lift him up and I'll carry both of you on my back," Jongin explained without looking at me. "His friends would be looking for him soon and..." he trailed off, lost for words. But I know what he means and what he's trying to say.