Wolf 30

- KIM JONGIN -

Killing the inexperienced werewolves was unexpectedly... easy.

Chanyeol and I took the most capable ones, those aging a hundred years old and up. But they are fighting with the Alpha and Beta of the old pack, they would never stand a chance. Between the two of us, Chanyeol is the calmer one for he resorted on throwing the enemies to the ground unconscious instead of killing them.

But after everything they did to us, I give no mercy right now.

I cracked the skull of an attacking werewolf before he could even lay his sharp nails on my fur. He's old and totally not a fighter so throwing him to the growing fire with nothing but broken skull and bones made me feel angrier and more in need for dead traitors.

Without a second thought, I stormed towards the house, catching a glimpse of Baekhyun battling with a female werewolf. He sank his teeth around her neck in one swift move and in a blink of an eye, I heard a bone break.

Oh Sehun took care of the young werewolves who sneaked into the dark, trembling in fright. They even shifted back to their human forms when they saw Sehun with a deadly dagger in hand. They know how lethal the guy could be with a blade. Seems like Yifan forced them to do this. But sparing lives isn't a choice right now.

When I reached the front porch, I immediately caught Kyungsoo's scent. But this close and this chaotic, I could say the smell isn't lingering. It's a little bit old and overpowered by other smells. I turned just before another werewolf leaped for a kill. I can't help but smirk at his embarrassed reaction when I easily dodges his attacks.

I'm an Alpha. And I would always be the most powerful.

"Die or go," I hissed and he did, stumbling back into the forest in all fours.

I ignored the Hunters fighting for their lives. I don't know where Kyungsoo's mother is but I caught Baekhyun's glance as he finished putting someone on fire. "Look for her," I said. "Kyungsoo's not here."

Baekhyun gave the slightest of nods and when I rounded the house, I finally knew where he went. Afraid I'll lose track of his scent, I followed it immediately and I ran back into the path that leads no other than but to his Grandmother's cottage.

Usual nights would come with chilly breeze and creepy sounds from deep in the forest. But tonight, everything is different. My body's burning with adrenaline and I wanted nothing else but to reach that wooden bridge and take him with me. We're never coming back again.