Wolf 27

- KIM JONGIN -

I honestly thought Oh Sehun would be dead even before reaching Grandmother's house. He's bleeding badly, he has deep wounds everywhere, his heartbeat is as slow as fck, and his breathing comes in short, ragged breaths. Chanyeol and I shifted to our wolf forms, carrying Baekhyun and Sehun on our backs to make the way back to the cottage faster.

Right now, Oh Sehun is already lying on one of Grandmother's comfy sofas, a thick, tribal-printed blanket draped over his unconscious body. "Grandma, what's that?" Baekhyun murmured as he sat on the floor beside the old woman. Kyungsoo's grandmother is currently treating Sehun's wounds, dabbing a purple colored ointment on the cuts.

"I thought about stitching his cuts," Grandmother whispered, eyes on the wounds. "But then I realized you werewolves heal too fast he might not need it."

Baekhyun bit his lip, worried. "But he doesn't look good at all," he whispered back. "I bet it would take him weeks to heal completely." He slowly reached for Sehun's hair, flattening stubborn strands back to his head. The boy looks so wasted and tired and dark circles are still visible around his eyes. I don't even want to think about everything that happened to him.

"You know," Grandmother started, throwing Baekhyun a kind look. "If he's not a strong man, he won't be alive when you found him. This one's a fighter, believe me." she even patted Sehun's broken leg which she wrapped in a cast.

Baekhyun smiled but it's a sad one. "I know," he murmured. "He'll live."

"That's the spirit." Grandmother grinned before continuing the task at hand. Baekhyun helped her, handing her the bandages she needs and mixing the ointment for her. Day after day, I'm starting to notice changes with Byun Baekhyun. I don't know if Chanyeol notice it, too, but I think I must leave the realization to him.

I felt a slight pat on my back. "Let's patrol the forest for a while," Chanyeol whispered, looking at me with a frown. "Just to be... safe."

"Um," I glanced down at Baekhyun and he's watching us, too. "Is it okay, Baek?" I asked looking at him and back at Chanyeol.

"Sure." then he looked at his mate. "Take care out there, Yeol."

Chanyeol smiled down at him. "I will."