0.2

"really?", jungkook sounded rather skeptical about the boy's words but nevertheless, he offered to help.

with his hands reaching out for the doorknob first, he twisted it slowly until a 'click' sound was heard.

"looks like luck's on our side", jungkook muttered and turned around swiftly to smile at the boy,

"the door's unlocked", he told him as the boy widened his eyes in shock.

carefully gesturing for the boy to stay put, jungkook allowed the door to creep open. with soft steps, he tiptoed into the apartment next while surveying his surroundings. slowly, jungkook removed the revolver from his pocket and in a well rehearsed movement, he held it in his hands and scooted over to one corner in case the assailants were to appear. with his heart thumping, jungkook's eyes darted every nook and cranny of the apartment but minutes into the investigation, it seemed like no one was in sight.

hissing to the young boy who was still stoning outside, jungkook flicked his head at him and asked,

"do you know her name?"
"dahae noona. lee dahae,"
"alright,"

with that, jungkook headed back into the apartment and hesitated for a moment before he bellowed,

"lee dahae? lee dahae-ssi, are you in there?"

silence filled the room once more and letting out an exasperated sigh, jungkook shook his head in despair.

"it seems like we've lost her. you sure you didn't see them coming out?"
"yes,"

oblivious to him, the young boy had also entered the apartment, now that he realised that no one else was around. however, as soon as he turned his head around, he suddenly let out a gasp.

as quick as possible, jungkook scurried over to the boy's side, comforting the poor him who was already shaking in fear. his teeth were chattering badly and trying hard to mouth out those words to jungkook, he finally said,

"it's t-them... i saw noona letting them in..."

immediately, jungkook took a glance up and only when a wall full of photographs more than paint met his eyes, his mouth then gawked open in shock. the reason being; those photographs were actually pictures gathered from jungkook's childhood till his adulthood and referring to the specific one the boy was now jabbing his finger at, it revealed a photograph of jungkook, standing in between with his arms draped over two of his best friends back from the police academy - park jimin and kim taehyung.

 the reason being; those photographs were actually pictures gathered from jungkook's childhood till his adulthood and referring to the specific one the boy was now jabbing his finger at, it revealed a photograph of jungkook, standing in between wi...

"b-but... officer j-jeon, why were you with them?"

scratching his head, the only thing jungkook could recall now was that this photograph was actually taken a few years back and ever since the guys parted and were allocated to different headquarters, they no longer kept in touch. but right now, the fact that this photograph resurfaced and that everything else about him were seen in his neighbour's house, jungkook found it extremely strange.

pulling the boy to settle down next to him on the sofa, jungkook massaged his temples in distress before then, lowering himself to meet the boy at his eye level.

"what does this noona of yours actually does as a living?"

the boy shrugged his shoulder. vexed, jungkook ran his fingers through his hair in a few quick successions until an incessant beeping sound broke the silence of the apartment. responding to the beeper, the young boy was awed by the light source and reaching out for it, he was almost there when jungkook slapped his hands away. instead, jungkook held the boy's arms up roughly and stood up abruptly.

"you are coming with me, back to the station,"

---

it's going to go slow but before you know it, it's gonna end. hehs.