0.4

although it was close to ten in myeongdong, the streets here unlike the rest, were still bustling with joy. thus, in the midst of the crowd, you could see jungkook actually having a hard time trying to squeeze his way through them and it was an extremely tough job on him as he had to pay extra attention to both his phone and for any signs of his neighbour concurrently.

clearly on the screen, the gps showed the red pin blinking wildly, signifying that dahae or whoever who was using her phone was just nearby, but craning his neck high and low, jungkook still couldn't spot any suspicious person.

"officer jeon, wait up!"

tagging along behind him, the young boy was panting heavily from having to catch up with jungkook's speed. squatting down on the ground, he held his hand on his chest and signaled for jungkook to stop when just nice, a loud growl also escaped from his stomach. blushing hard, the boy grinned sheepishly and rubbed his nape embarrassedly, which jungkook then responded by rolling his eyes at him. unwillingly, he brought out a few bills from his pocket and soon, headed down to a small booth ahead of him.

"ahjumma, give me ten sticks of those", jungkook flicked his head towards the grill.

"sure", the ahjumma replied and quickly packing them into a plastic bag, she handed it over to him.

"gamsahabnida", she thanked jungkook as he handed her the money but at that moment, she happened to catch a glimpse at something which was sticking out from jungkook's arm.

"oh, your girlfriend sure love these lamb skewers of mine uh?", the ahjumma chuckled lightly but that was when jungkook's ears perked up.

"what do you mean?", jungkook was of course, taken aback by her words.

however, the ahjumma only made a face at the documents which jungkook was carrying close to his chest.

"that picture you've been carrying along with you. isn't she your girlfriend? she just bought a handful of lamb skewers from me and", she hesitantly pointed down the street,

"she just left here not long ago,"

"shit!", cursed jungkook under his breath and dropping his head immediately, he didn't bother replying the ahjumma again before he hurried back towards the boy's side and threw him over his shoulder.

"let me down!"

"just shut up and come with me", he scoffed.

having said that, jungkook hastened his steps down the street, hoping to find her but it was all too late. further down, there was the crossroads which divides into three different routes and finding it impossible for him to search through the crowd, jungkook could only shake his head regretfully before turning on his heels. but despite so, a thought, as swift as a sunbird suddenly winged through his head.

within a few minutes, jungkook had already bolted into a nearby police post. slamming the bag of lamb skewers down onto the table and dropping the boy on the chair next to him, jungkook then summoned for the officers there right away.

"officer jeon here", he whipped out his card and flashed it at them just as they were wondering who he was.

"i need all the cctv footages around this area that dates up to the past one hour. now,"

---

the alleyway was full of darkness as she ducked between the walls that were too high for her to bother seeking the black sky. with her bag of lamb skewers and phone tightly clasped across her chest, her heart skipped a beat as her eyes wavered panicky at the figure who was searching down the area with his eagle's eyes. breathing heavily in and out, she tried her best to adjust her composure before her phone surprised her when it suddenly started ringing, breaking the initial silence which surrounded her.

"so how's the plan going?"

from the other line, a husky voice sounded and quickly taking a stealthy glance behind the wall, she watched till the officer finally turned his back around to leave before she eventually replied him,

"he almost got me,"

---

can someone please enlighten me as to what this really is??? smh.