0.6

"officer jeon, could you please just settle down? you are making me feel dizzy", whined officer wang as he watched jungkook paced up and down the office.

bored as fuck as no one could still figure out anything, officer wang conveniently stuck his hand out into the bag to fiddle for a stick of lamb skewer, when the little boy slapped it away.

"oi! that's reserved for officer jeon!", the boy glared at him and pulling out the stick from the bag, he hopped off from his seat and proceeded on to jungkook's side.

"officer jeon,"

with his big, round watery eyes, the boy gave him a sad puppy look, as though he was begging for jungkook to take it. hence, succumbing to his look, jungkook eventually accepted it.

"thanks", replied jungkook as he ruffled the little boy's hair. he gave him a genuine smile but shortly after, his expression changed.

"i don't think i can find dahae-ssi", jungkook dropped his head down and it earned extra concern from the little boy as well as officer wang.

"i'm an incapable officer,"

"hey hey hey, don't say that about yourself! i am sure you did your best!", officer wang mentioned and nodding his head frantically, the little boy agreed.

"but what about that clue kim taehyung had given you? any idea about it?", officer wang spread his arms across the table and placed them beneath his chin.

once you jim-in, you can't jim-out

jungkook bit into his lips and thought hard about it. long ago, he had searched through taehyung's details but his record was clean and there was no way he could locate him. taehyung could have probably blocked out the location service on his phone but frowning at the portfolio which states that taehyung is still a police officer at daegu, jungkook became more confused over the situation right now.

why would they want to kidnap his neighbour? what is their relationship with her? and how the fuck did they know that i am following this case to have purposely provided me with a clue?, jungkook pressed his fist against the wall.

but wait, hold up --

that was he suddenly stopped in his tracks and shot his head up,

"in!!! out!!!!", jungkook shouted across the office as he then hurried over to place his hands on the little boy's shoulders, before shaking him wildly.

"okay okay. what now?", officer wang could sense the sos sign coming from the little boy's eyes and quickly scooting over to save him from jungkook's grip, he then carried him onto his lap.

"you're hurting --"

"don't tell me that they're involved in this too", jungkook interrupted, twirling around and rushing over to the computer.

punching into the keyboard aggressively, he was startled when the results eventually showed up.

"shit, i'm right,"
"about what?"
"they've all blocked out their connections,"
"who?"

each time jungkook said something, the  little boy asked. but now, swallowing his saliva and running his fingers through his hair, jungkook let out a loud sigh as he replied,

"jimin, hoseok, yoongi, namjoon, as well as jin hyung,"

"and so?", officer wang raised an eyebrow at him in doubt.

"they're all in this together,"

officer wang was shocked by his words

officer wang was shocked by his words. it took him a few minutes to compose him before he eventually ask jungkook again.

"so what do we now, officer jeon?"

"there's still one place we can drop by now", said jungkook as he based it on the clue taehyung had given them,

"to in-n-out burger,"

on the other hand, the little boy had  already climbed onto the chair and searched through the web,

"oh! found it! it's located at a gas station about thirty minutes from here,"