III

Luna swipes her key card and enters the room. She places the tray containing a bowl of what seems to be porridge on the overbed table.

"Luna?"

"Morning, Kylo, did you sleep well?"

"Sort of, this bed isn't very comfortable."

Luna smiled and pushed the overbed to Kylo.

"I need to change your bandages, would you like to eat before of after?" Luna asked.

"Before."

"Do you need me to feed you or will you be alright?"

"I think I'll be ok"

"Wonderful!"

"Why are you so happy?"

This questioned stumped Luna, for she was not sure, she was merely trying to emotionally detach herself from what was truly, just a patient. As well as remove any tension left from yesterday. Checking and recording his vitals yesterday was very uncomfortable. Being so close to him and touching his ice cold skin made her blush crimson. It was even worse when she couldn't find his heart with the stethoscope;

"Why are you taking so long?"

"I can't find the heartbeat."

"What's that supposed to mean? I don't have a heart? I'm dead inside?" His voice raising slightly with each word. He was getting upset and it made Luna stressed.

"No, my stethoscope might be faulty." she tried to ease.

The stethoscope turned out to be faulty but it was still a painfully awkward situation.

"I'm just in a good mood today." Luna chirped.

Kylo made a quizzical grunt and ate his 'porridge' without any difficulty, screwing his face up every now and then. Instead of watching him eat, Luna made herself busy checking the equipment to ensure it was all correct. There was a clink and Luna looked up to see Kylo finished.

"All done?" she asked, even though he obviously had. Kylo nodded.

"I'm going to change your bandages now, ok?"

Kylo nodded again and began to take off his scrub top. Luna moved to help him. Her fingers brushed his sides as she lifted the stiff material over his head, his skin prickled with goose bumps. Luna peeled back the bandage on his side and began the process of cleaning the stitches. The silence that enveloped them was deafening.

Kylo studied Luna as she was busy attending to his healing wound. He studied the thick ringlets that cascaded down her back and the small strands that fell over her face, she blew them up and out of the way every now and again when they obscured her vision. Kylo had never really been in such close proxemics with a girl; in fact he's never really been around that many girls in general - except for Phasma but he didn't think that really counted. Kylo wanted to break the silence.

"How old are you." He asked, a little more like a demand than a request.

"I'm twenty years old." Luna spoke as she went to fetch a clean bandage. "How old are YOU?" she playfully retorted.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?" Luna said, her face softening with sadness.

"I can't really remember."

"That's horrible."

"Yeah."

Luna blinked. "I can find out if you want."