XVIII

Luna's head hurt. A lot. She groaned and placed her palms to her forehead to try and minimise the throbbing. She moved to sit up slowly, moaning as the movement did nothing to soothe the ache. She opened her eyes and looked around. She was sitting on a cold concrete floor and was surrounded by plain concrete walls. All grey. Illuminated with the same strobe light in they used in the medical centre. There was, however, a opening covered with black metal bars which looked into an empty corridor which met a wall and another thoroughfare.

Captured.

Luna was captured.

By the Resistance.

She looked down at herself, she was still in her nurses uniform with her chest amour intact which was now scuffed and dirty from lying on the concrete. But other than her throbbing head, she seemed unharmed.

She spotted a steel bowl and cup near the edge of the bars. She crawled over to it and saw a crust of bread and some water. Catching sight of the food made Luna realise how hungry she was, she sat crosslegged and nourished herself. As she ate, she looked out into the corridor, trying to catch a glimpse of movement or shadows or even some noise. But instead it remained still and painfully silent.

Luna wondered how long she'd been out; hours? Days? Did Kylo know where she was? And if he did, would he come for her? Was he already coming for her?

Her thoughts were interpreted with the echo of footsteps coming from the further thoroughfare. A figure turned into the corridor and walked briskly to her. She didn't make eye contact as it walked towards her.

When the footsteps stopped, she sensed they were standing outside her cell. She looked up slowly before double taking and jumping up, eyes wide. His eyes were wide too.

"Luna?"

"Pollux?"

She rushed to the bars and held them, he held them too.

"Actually, I go by Poe now"

She looked at him. He looked a lot older than he did when she last saw him. His skin seemed darker. Stubble and sweat lined his face and he was dressed in a orange jumpsuit with a FreiTek life support unit attached.

"You're a pilot? With the Resistance?"

Poe nodded. "The best pilot in the Resistance actually."

They both chuckled.

He looked at her as she did him.

"You're a nurse? With the First Order?" Mirroring her questions.

Luna nodded. "I wasn't given much of a choice. After you left..."

"Luna, I'm sorry. I just couldn't-"

"I understand, Poe."

They both looked at each other.

"I just can't believe you're here"

Luna smiled. "It's nice to see you too, but could you maybe explain to me what's going on? I'm slightly confused and my head is aching"