VII

The door to the private room opens and Kylo lifts his head in anticipation. He knew it would be Luna. It always was.

She walked in, closing the door behind her, not making eye contact with him. She walked over to the bed and dropped a yellow paper document wallet with a form inside on Kylo's leg. He reached for the document wallet.

"What is this?"

"It's your age."

Kylo looks up at her. The fluorescent lighting glowing around her like she was an angel from the moons of Iego. To him she was.

"You ran the tests?"

"Of course I did."

Kylo opens the document and stares down at the number on the page, taking in the two numerals that told him how long he had been living and breathing in this galaxy.

"You're twenty-eight years old"

Kylo looked up at her, her eyes weren't the same as they were a few days ago. They looked sad. And he didn't like that it might have been because of him. Or because of what happened. He didn't care that it was unprofessional, and he wanted to tell her that, but how could he?

Looked at the paper again, he was eight years older than her. When he was eight years old she was merely a small newborn.

Now that he knew his age, he could recall what events of his life had happened when. When he was ten and playing 'Who Shot First?' with his father before making the transition into training for the Jedi Order, she was a toddler, leaning to walk. When he was sixteen, and had his first kiss with a fellow padawan, she was just eight, learning how to read lengthy books about the history of the Galaxy. When he was twenty and rebelled against Skywalker and joined Supreme Leader Snoke, she was still just a girl, twelve years old, playing the the daisies on Naboo, experiencing a childhood that he would never.

"Now you know."

Kylo watched hopelessly as she turned and walked to the door, opening it. He wanted to stop her and say something, anything - anything that would make her smile. He almost did, the courage in him building but she left silently before he could utter a single word.