VIII

Luna had to keep seeing him. Every day. She was still embarrassed but she didn't know why she still was. It had been days. She'd tried to make things better by running the age tests she'd promised, but when she gave it to him, he looked so vulnerable and her heart melted again. She hated it. She hated the way she was emotionally attached to a patient, and of all the patients it was the merciless Kylo Ren.

She was washing her hands, prepping to inspect Kylo's face bandage. She let the soap move through and around her hand and fingers as thoughts ran through and around her mind. All the rumours she had heard about Kylo were horrible, how he killed with complete disregard for life and how he kept the ashes of the people he has killed, using them as a cushion for his helmet, but he had been so nice to her, nothing like she had heard. Was this the real Kylo Ren?

She made her way to the private room, this routine now becoming part of her. She entered after swiping and saw him there, scowling at a hologram displaying co-ordinates she didn't recognise. As soon as she entered, he looked at her.

"Luna"

"Hi Kylo."

Kylo shut off the hologram and put the device on the table. There was silence. Luna made her way to the cupboard to fetch antiseptic and fresh bandages.

"How are you?" He asked. She was not used to this small talk.

"Fine, thanks. How are you feeling?"

"Better than ever. Thanks to you."

She turned crimson.

"I need to check your face wound, if it looks good I'll be able to take it off completely."

"That's good."

"Yes."

She made her way over and stood next to the edge of the bed. She lightly placed her finger under his chin to turn his face towards her. Just a patient. She let go and griped the top of the bandage, and peeled it back slightly. She was focused on the wound and not on his eyes that were studying her face.

"Do you need to sit?"

"Um I-"

But he had already scooted over on the bed slightly. She hesitated before sitting on the edge of the bed.

He had no idea what he was doing to her.

Kylo could smell the sweet perfume that rolled off her in waves as she sat down, his hand grazing her thigh. His stomach flipped.

She had no idea what she was doing to him.

She slowly peeled back the bandage, Kylo wincing and Luna muttering soft sorry's to which Kylo uttered "it's okay" quietly. This moment was too intimate to talk loudly.

Luna had removed the whole bandage and Kylo's entire face was revealed. He was so handsome. Luna composed herself and looked at the wound. She smiled a small smile.

"The wound looks great, it's healing nicely. I don't have to put another bandage on."

"That's good."

Luna cleaned the wound but did not dress it. She had finished but didn't move from her spot in the bed, She liked being close to him.

"Thank you." Kylo told her.

"You're welcome."

"No, for everything. Finding me and looking after me, thank you."

He reached towards her hand and laced their fingers together. Luna didn't pull away despite the alarm bells that were ringing loudly. Small tingles erupted from the feeling of their hands together. Kylo's calloused thumb softly rubbed the top of her hand. She loved this feeling. Just a patient. She gave a small smile and pulled her hand away.

"I'll bring you something to eat soon."

"Ok."

"See you soon."

"See you."

She left. Just a patient.