|three|

Blake's POV

"Brynn, come on let me have Ford." I beg, standing in the foyer of her home.

"No Blake, I don't want Ford around you when you're acting like this. I already told you, either you get your life straight or Ford won't be coming around." She says as she paces throughout the house.

"Brynn, please. This is my weekend with Ford and you just can't do this."

"Blake, you know I love you right? Despite everything that happened between us I still do, and I hate to see the direction you're going in. You have to understand that Ford looks up to you, I don't want him to see you like this." She holds onto one of my hands, looking into my eyes. "Even though you chose April over me, I still care deeply for you. I hate seeing you like this, and April would too."

Brynn, April, and I all went to high school together. We just ended up in a predicament with each other in college, and I was forced to choose between the two of them. Later on, we found out that Brynn was pregnant and I was the father, I accepted it and chose to be the Dad I am today.

I sigh frustrated, pulling away from her and going to look out one of the big windows of her one story home. "Brynn, I just want to be happy again, I feel so hollow."

I see her small figure moving to stand next to me out of the corner of my eye, looking out the window with me. "Blake, you can get there. Stop doing what you're doing, and go do what Doc wants you to do. Everyone only has the best interest for you. You wouldn't want Ford or even April to act how you're acting would you?"

I shake my head, readjusting my hat and crossing my arms. "Hell no, I just don't understand why I have to go see a therapist."

"You're obviously hurting, and I'm surprised that you even opened up to me about this. We just want you to start doing better mentally. You've changed a lot over the last three years."

"I just want my life to go back to normal."

"Blake you can have everything you want in life, but you have to chase it. If you really want your life back, you should put more work in on the court and focus on you."

"Thank you Brynn, I'm glad I can still talk to you about all of this despite what happened. This talk means a lot to me and I appreciate it." I pull her in by her arm, hugging her close to me.

Brynn pulls away, moving to go somewhere in her house. "I'm going to let you have Ford. Take heed to my warning about what I said Blake, I don't want my son affected by you."

"Thank you, Brynn." I smile at her as I tuck my hands into the pockets of my gym shorts. She nods her head at me, turning back around to go get Ford.

"Daddy!" Ford yells, running around the corner with a backpack bouncing on his back.

I bend down picking him up as his arms go around my neck. "Hey buddy, how you been?"

"Good, you haven't seen me in a while." He says, looking at me.

"Well, Daddy has been busy, but I'm not anymore."

"Yay! Can we go see DJ?" He asks.

I chuckle looking over his shoulder, my eyes meeting Brynn's and she's leaning against the wall, a small smile on her face as we interact together.

"Of course we can go see Uncle DJ," I wink at Brynn as we make our way out the door and to my black Audi and settling him in.

I smile at Brynn whose standing at the open door, and I mouth a thank you getting in the drivers seat.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Simone's POV

"Mom, this is great. Thank you for bringing me here," Russell smiles at me as  he holds the door open for me into the bowling alley.

"Oh it's no problem, we haven't been out in a while. Since you won the tournament yesterday I figured why not, you have been asking to come here."

I move towards the farthest lane, waving at Maria, Kennedy, Wesley, and Max.

"Hey you guys!" I exclaim, giving my round of hugs.

Wesley pulls me into a tight hug along with Max, rocking us back and forth. We've all become close over the years, I love them to death for being there for me and helping me support Russell.

"We're glad you invited us," Wesley says releasing me and dapping Russell.

"How could I not invite you? You guys love hanging out with us."

"True that, we love you guys. I just hope your all ready to get your butts kicked in this game of bowling." I smirk, rubbing my hands together.

"Are you ready? I've been practicing you know." Kennedy says, standing from tying her bowling shoes.

"How?" Russell asks, picking up a bowling ball.

"Maria bought me a Wii for my birthday," she shrugs, picking up a bowling ball too.

We all erupt in laughter, smiling at her confused facial expression.

"Bowling in real life and using the Wii are two totally different things!" Max plops in the chair next to me, putting an arm around me.

"Don't laugh at me, just go and order the wings and fries, and I'll start the game." Kennedy rolls her eyes as Wesley moves next to her, helping her set up the game.

"Come on, I'll pay for everything. My treat." Max says, standing and walking with me over to the food counter.

My phone begins vibrating in my back pocket again, making me sigh as I silence it again, letting it go to voicemail, they've been calling all weekend.

"Is it that number again?" Max asks, leaning against the counter as we wait to be served.

"Yeah, I think it has something to do with work." I shrug, looking over at him.

"Call them back, it's fine. We have a couple of minutes." He turns as a woman comes to assist us.

I pull out my phone, redialing the number and it rings continuously until someone picks up.

"Hello, is this Simone Graham?" A male, deep voice asks.

"Yes it is, may I ask who is calling?" 

"This is Doc Rivers and I have a call concerning one of my players."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Give me feedback please. Glad that you guys are enjoying this!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️