|nine|

Simone's POV

I managed to make it all the way home and into my hot shower before I burst into tears.

"What have I done?" I said aloud as I slumped against the wall, sliding to the floor.

Had I really just had sex with Blake Griffin? One minute everything had been fine and the next...I was just totally overwhelmed with how incredible he was. Watching him help Marieka give birth, he just seemed more than human to me; and then he ripped off his shirt.

I'd been completed mesmerized. And then it was over before it even started. Not that I was complaining. It might've been fast, but it was good. I blushed remembering the sounds I'd made in his arms and the way I'd devoured his mouth like a woman starving.

I had been starving. That was the whole point. I hadn't been romantically involved with anyone for three years, not since Christian. I cheated on Christian. Fresh sobs wracked my body.

"I'm so sorry Christian," I said, and it echoed off the shower walls. I'd promised myself that he was it for me, that I'd never move on with anyone else.

It was working just fine, too, until this farce of a date tonight. "Oh who are you kidding?" I kept talking to myself like I was a nut job. "You've practically been salivating over him from the first time he stepped into the office."

What was I doing? No man in existence had ever made me burn as hot as I had been back there.

I cried louder. That only made it worse. I liked it. In only a few moments, Blake had completely obliterated all my previous sexual experiences. It wasn't fair. He hadn't even been trying. Neither of us had been prepared for it. He hadn't even used a condom.

Immediately I stiffened, counting off days in my head, relieved when I realized it wasn't time for me to ovulate. I hadn't been on birth control since Christian died.

What a mess. I was going to need to report myself, or leave my job, or something. I just had sex with a patient, a firm line I'd never come close to crossing, despite the men who'd flirted with me in the past.

Blake was different, I realized. I'd never really considered him my patient. I'd been attracted to him from the start, we both understood what the other was going through. His easygoing nature was so much like Christian's. It allowed me to start falling for him without even fully admitting it to myself.

Eventually, I got back to my feet and finished my shower. I slipped into a pair of sweats, and a tank top. Going to the foot of my bed, I reached down and grabbed my phone. Seeing I had a missed call, and there was a message.

I listened to Blake's voice, hearing it just filled me with longing and regret.

Had it only been an hour since I was wrapped up in his arms? I'd been in such a hurry to leave that his words hadn't fully registered to me.

"Stay the night, don't go."

Remembering those words actually forced a laugh out of me. If I had stayed, we'd be going at it on that squeaky bed of his right now. Just the thought of the sounds it would make beneath us made me blush.

"Mom?" Russell asked, knocking on my door.

"Come in, Russ." I called out.

"I heard you crying. Are you okay?" He questioned getting into bed beside me.

I'd woken him up. "I'm fine, thank you for coming in here to check on me."

He laid his head on my chest, and I wrapped an arm around his shoulders.