|four|

Simone's POV

"Can I have my appointments for today please?" I ask Alyssa over the phone in my office.

"You have Vanessa, Sara, Mr. Gene, and it says you have a new client starting today. Uh, Blake Griffin is his name?"

"Yes, would you mind bringing me my original clients files and I will have a new one ready for Mr. Griffin." I tell her clicking off the intercom.

Sighing as I lean back in my chair behind my desk, Alysssa makes her way in with multiple, thick manilla folders in her hand.

"Dr. Graham, you do know who Blake Griffin is right?" Alyssa asks, giving me a bewildered look.

"He's in the NBA right?" I ask, pulling out another folder, and putting a tab on it to write his name.

"He's one of the best forwards the NBA has ever seen, he's an absolute beast on the court."

"I think I've heard Russell talking about him a couple of times," I let my sentence dwindle off, looking up at her surprised face.

"Look him up. Watch some highlights on YouTube when you have time, you won't be disappointed." She says in a sing song voice as she exits my office, closing the two big doors behind her.

Laminating the tag on his folder, I turn to my computer letting my hand hover over the mouse; contemplating if I should watch videos of him. He's piqued my interest, from what his coach called me for he's very concerned about him. He's on a downward spiral, suffering from a severe loss. I have to admit, we are going through similar situations, but my private life is always kept separate from my work life.

Pulling myself in closer to my Apple desktop, I ready my hands over the keyboard and I begin typing. I'll just watch a couple of minutes of one video, I think to myself.

A couple of minutes of one video turned into multiple video montages of all of Blake's greatest plays ever made, from college until now. Even a couple of interviews, to see how he handles himself, and his son is a little heartthrob. Even though my son plays basketball, all around I don't know that much about it; other than the fact that I love watching it.

All of his actions on the court are intricate, he doesn't want and doesn't have time to make mistakes in such a fast paced game. I can see why he does what he does for a living, it's his job and he's good at it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
For the twelfth time in ten minutes I glanced at the clock, my hands subconsciously running over my clothing to make sure everything was still straightened. Sighing heavily, I rolled my eyes.

He was late, and I was acting like some nervous schoolgirl about to go out on a date. It wasn't like patients hadn't missed appointments with me before. From what I've heard, he does seem like the type to miss and not call, though. I hoped he hadn't changed his mind.

"Dr. Graham, Blake Griffin is here," Alyssa's voice came through the speaker and I immediately tensed.

"Send him in, please."

The door opened and I couldn't help staring as he stepped inside, looking better in person than on any picture I've ever seen. Sporting a black polo, khaki shorts, and some all black Jordans.

A smile broke out easily across his face and I didn't miss the way his eyes roamed over me, looking pleased.

"Sorry I'm late. I got a flat tire."

"No worries," I replied with a smile standing. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Dr. Graham." His hand finds mine, giving it a firm shake.

"Blake Griffin," he replies, giving a friendly smile.