|eleven|

Simone's POV

"What is this?" I asked Alyssa, my confusion completely apparent as I halted in the doorway to my office.

"You got a special delivery this morning," Alyssa said, smiling widely. "Aren't they gorgeous?"

"Who are they from?" I asked, still refusing to step into the room as I stared at the giant bouquet with roses of every color, artfully arranged. It was easily three dozen, at least.

"I don't know. I didn't read the card. It was addressed to you."

"There's a card?"

"Yep. It's on the side facing your desk chair."

Glancing briefly back at Alyssa, I could tell she was as anxious as I was to find out what this card said. "That'll be all, Alyssa. Thank you."

I didn't wait to see her disappointment, instead slipping inside my office and closing the door behind me.

Slowly, I approached my desk, and the arrangement with the same stealth one might have when sneaking up on a bomb.

Not that I'd ever actually snuck up on a bomb. Or knew anyone who had. But they most definitely did it this way on TV.

Skirting around the side of my desk, I set my briefcase down and reached for the tiny envelope with my name on it, which was supported in the arrangement by a plastic prong: I plucked it out, opened it and drew out the small rectangular floral card inside.

Thought these might brighten your day.

It was clearly scrawled out in a man's handwriting, but there was no name. Flipping the card over, I checked for a signature on that side, too, but it was bare as well.

I pressed the intercom. "Alyssa, did these come with an invoice?"

"Yes, ma'am," she replied.

"Does it say who the sender is?"

"No, ma'am. It didn't." I really hated when she called me ma'am. It made me feel so old.

"The card is unsigned."

"Would you like me to call the florist and see if they will tell me who sent them?"

"No. That's not necessary. I'm pretty sure I know who they're from." I clicked off the intercom before she could reply, bending to smell the beautiful flowers. Inhaling deeply, I closed my eyes, allowing the fragrance to wash over my senses.

I couldn't deny it. I was pleased and definitely wanted them to be from Blake. But since he didn't sign the note, I wasn't going to go hunting for the answer. If he wanted me to reply, then he needed to leave his name.

Blake Griffin, what are you up to? I thought. I was ninety-nine percent sure it was him who sent the roses. It made me wonder when he'd ordered them. This morning? Surely he was too tired from traveling with his team last night. It must've been after he left my office, but wouldn't the florist have been closed by then? Sighing heavily, I realized I was allowing this to occupy way too much of my time.

Sitting down, I slid the vase over to a nice vacant corner of my desk, smiling at them a moment longer before buckling down to work.

------------------------

Blake's POV

"How's our little plan going?" Marieka asked, giving me a sly look before glancing back down at Isabella.

I told Taylor and Marieka everything that happened when April died and how I was on a downward spiral. They know that Simone and I aren't necessarily together, and that she's my therapist, but I told them what happened between us.