Chapter Four: Not a little girl

A/N: Amazing cover at the top by @5daysoflife  Thank you so much for making it! I think it may become the main cover. :)

Taya sighed. "It's going to be a lot different here until they get back," She said, picking at her viyocioa. Humans did have some good qualities, admittedly, and their food was one of them, Eating human food was not uncommon on Totus Islands. However, sometimes you just needed good old traditional comfort food, and viyocioa, a traditional Primum dish of a fish baked in the Island's specially cultivated herbs, was just that.

"Yeah," Owen agreed. "It'll take some getting used to."

"It's going to be boring," she said. "And frustrating."

"Frustrating? How?"

"I mean, are we just expected to sit here and do nothing while they run around the human world on a mission?" Taya asked, sounding flustered and irritated. "Doesn't anyone want to, you know, do something? Help?"

"Actually, I was looking forward to an opportunity to actually sleep instead of training Kallan all the time," Owen joked.

"Really. I'm serious," Taya said in exasperation. "I want to do something. I'm sick and tired of sitting here and waiting for someone else to go and do it all for me. Doesn't anyone feel the same?"

"I see what you mean," Owen admitted. He pressed his lips together nervously and thought for a bit. "Well, there might be something," he said.

"What? What is it?"

"I'm not sure if-"

"I don't care!" Taya yelled. "I just want to do something!"

"Alright," Owen said. "Follow me."

~~~

"You want to do what?!"

"Calm down Ty," Owen hissed under his breath.

"Calm down? You want me to calm down? Where the heck do all these ridiculous ideas come from?" yelled Tyler. Tyler was Raidah's second-in-command, and also a good friend of Owen. Since he was in charge when Raidah was gone, Owen had figured the he would be able to convince Tyler to authorize his plan.

Tyler then noticed Taya, who had been standing silently off to the side. "What're you doin' here?" he asked. "Whatcha' doin' Owen, convincing little girls to help you with your crazy little plans to start a jurat army."

"Ty!" Owen exclaimed. "No swearing in front of the so called 'little girl'."

"I'm not little," Taya spoke up. "It's not like I've never heard swearing before. I train at the same time as the Firsidiis, remember?"

Ignoring her, Ty continued. "Why do you want to do this anyways? We should wait until they return. I don't want to upset Raidah. Those who upset her, they are never the same again."

"Look, this isn't going to be doing anything wrong," Owen explained. "We've been training for generations to prepare for this moment."

"So waiting a little longer won't hurt."

"All he's saying is that we shouldn't just sit back and twiddle out thumbs as if the humans are just going to get up and leave," Taya interjected. She was mad now. Why couldn't anyone see it? "We've been waiting long enough. I'm sick and tired of waiting in the background. We've got to do something."

"Why don't we just wait until Raidah and Kallan return? We will be much more effective if we can use Kallan's power, and as I said before, I don't want to get in trouble."

"Ty! The Primum race will be restored if we manage to successfully initiate the Recovery. That means following the plan, and you know what the plan involved? An army, and a large one at that. How are we supposed to get that together if we don't start now?"

"But still, maybe we should-"

"This is the future of our people." Owen said, with a voice filled with emotion. "And you're worried about getting in trouble?"

Tyler sighed. "What do you think, little girl?"

"My name is Taya," she replied. "And I think we should get this army the jurat together."

"Alright," Tyler agreed reluctantly. "I'll have it announced tomorrow at breakfast."

"No swearing, Taya," Owen added, but he didn't look too worried about it. In fact, he looked pretty pleased.

"One last thing."

"Yeah Taya?" he asked.

"I want a command position."

Ty chortled. "You?"

"Yes," Taya responded, surprisingly calm and collected.

"Little girl? Are you crazy?" He laughed again.

"No."

"How good are you?"

"I once challenged a unit of Firsidiis who were training in the weight room to a wrestling match."

"Oh really? And how long did it take those injuries to heal?"

"I believe most of them are still in the hospital," Owen countered.

"Them?" Tyler asked, confused and no longer laughing.

"Oh, yes. She beat them all, of course."

Tyler looked back at Taya, face now serious. "I'll consider it."

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading all the way down to here. If you like this chapter please vote and comment! If you don't didn't like it... well, comment anyways telling me what you didn't like so I can learn and improve. :) 

So, I added in a little more Primum vocab into this chapter. Maybe later I'll do a dictionary chapter! What do you think so far?  I really appreciate hearing from you, so please vote and comment!  I want to get to know my readers, and I can't do that if you don't let me know you're reading.

 For the next few chapters, would you prefer alternating between Kallan and Taya, or just sticking with Taya on the Islands for a bit? 

Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you are enjoying this story so far!