Chapter Five: Arrival

This picture is an updated version of how I picture Raidah. I didn't know who this was before I found the pic, but apparently she's an actress. 

Kallan sat in her seat on the plane, leg bouncing nervously. Only an hour left until they landed.

"Sacred?" Raidah asked from her seat on Kallan's left.

"Yeah," Kallan admitted. "Anything else I really need to know?"

"Well," Raidah drew out the word carefully, as if she was thinking over her words. "Their culture does take some getting used to."

"That's not surprising," said Kallan. "Are you sure they won't harm us?"

"They don't even remember we exist. To them, we are just myths," Raidah replied.

"Then why bother with all of this? Why not just cause some giant natural disaster to wipe them all out or something? It would be much easier."

"That would defeat the point," she explained. "We just want to have out home back, not destroy it."

"But the plan was to start a war. How do we do that without destroying everything? And going to war with the entire human race? They outnumber us by billions."

"Are you doubting me?" Raidah questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm only asking."

Raidah laughed. "And nothing's wrong with that darling. I was just joking."

"Oh," Kallan said, blushing.

"Excellent questions though, and it's only reasonable that you would be asking them. Let's start with the first one. Now, humans have already are fighting many of their own human wars. A war against the entire global population of humans, that's not what we're going to do. It's more of a... gradual take over."

"I don't understand."

"We start by seizing on major city. That will be easy enough, and will scare the entire global community. We work our way outwards from there. Who knows, they might even choose to just peacefully surrender eventually."

"And you just expect them not to fight back?" Kallan asked.

"Oh yes, they will fight back," Raidah said solemnly. "What do you think you've been for training all your life?"

~~~

The plane landed at 6:30 pm at an airport in Vancouver, Canada. Riadah glanced out the small airplane window at the crowds of human travelers. Whining toddlers, frustrated parents, excited college students. Businessmen and businesswomen, families. The world has changed since I was here last, she thought to herself.

"We're here," she said softly, nudging Kallan, who had fallen asleep while listening to music.

"Huh?" A confused Kallan shook her head and sat up, tired and irritated. "Waddayouwakemeupfor?" she slurred.

"We're here," Raidah repeated.

Kallan glanced out the window, and stared in awe at the airport. "Whoa."

"Yes, yes. Now remember, just act like a normal girl. If anyone asks, I'm your older sister. We're visiting our aunt and cousins, who live here in Vancouver, and we came here from America. Here's your 'passport', don't lose it."

Kallan gripped the fake passport tightly as they exited the plane. Raidah walked down the stairs first, giving a curt nod towards the pilot, who had swirling ice blue and dark gray tattoos signifying his Air abilities. Kallan followed anxiously, worried that someone would see something wrong with them.