Chapter 5 ✅

1 week past by quicker then I would have liked and now school is starting.

Because it was the first day of school, Mom told Shika and me to at least look presentable. So to satisfy my Moms needs, I put my hair into 2 neat high buns. I wear shirts that's almost sleeveless, but covers the shoulders slightly and that's a dark green color. I also wear black shorts that go down just above my knees with black sandals.

Mom walked both of us to school. First she dropped off Shika, then me. I've come to realize that they set the academy's schedule an hour earlier then the civilian school, probably for those family's who are like us and have children in both schools. It's nice that they consider it.

The first day of school was...uneventful. We were put into our own age group and that became our class. All we did was introduce ourselves, but I had trouble with that. Being the shy antisocial butterfly I am, all I did was stutter, great first impression. All the kids laughed at me, called me names like children...wait, nevermind, they are children.

Also we got into different pairs every 5 minutes, and talked to that person. It was a social day, and I was bored and shy.

Next day same thing except, in school all we did was crafts. I'm about to die from boredom, I'd rather be learning things than doing something that's just gonna get buried somewhere or just thrown out.

So once I got home I complained to Mom enough that she went to the Hokage, who is also in charge of the civilian school, and asked for me to be placed in a higher grade.

At first he was reluctant, but then after some persuading, the Hokage said for me to take some tests to see where I stand skill wise.

Hours later and several test later, it was determined that I would be put into 10th grade next year. I really wish I could have just skipped this grade, but I understand why I'm in kindergarten, it's to make friends with people my age. Not gonna happen.

It's September 22 and Shika and I turn 6 today. We have a party, but really it's just so our parents can chat with Choji's parents.

Since Choji is Shika's and I only friend, we all went to the spot were we meet Choji and watched the clouds will eating chips.

Once getting home we opened our presents

A few months into the school year and I still have no friends, until one day in January.

I was reading a book in the middle of everyone tracing letters. Really Sensei has tried to make me do whatever everyone else is doing, but she's given up by October.

I hear shuffling all around me and chose to ignore it, until someone comes up to me, taps my shoulder. A squeak is hear as I quickly snap my head up in surprise.

There in front of my table is a short, blonde haired girl. Her hair is long, in 2 low pigtails, with 2 pieces of hair over her shoulders. She's looking down at the ground, pulling her long, light green scarf further up her face, covering her nose, touching just under her black glasses, almost like she wants to hide from everyone. She wears a turquoise shirt with a gray jacket over it and gray shorts the same length as mine.

"U-uh, um, h-h-hi. I-I-I'm Akemi Hoshi. N-nice to meet yo-you." This girl said, stuttering at almost every word she said.

I was beyond shocked that someone actually came to talk to me. I always tried to exclude myself from any activity the class does, so no one really chooses to talk to me.

I don't say anything, just stare at her with my mouth slightly open. Then she speaks, "Well, um, w-we ha-have to get i-into gr-groups of 2 a-and we-we're th-the only o-ones l-left. So, um, we-we have to b-be par-partners." Akemi said looking down still, tapping her pointer fingers together.

Gathering some courage I ask, "Wh-what about all the other times everyone paired up?" It's not like this is the first time Sensei has had everyone pair up into twos. Why now am I being included?

Still stuttering Akemi replies, "W-well we n-normally j-just ma-make do with o-one gr-group of 3. T-today Sensei n-needs on-only groups o-of t-twos. S-sorry t-to trouble yo-you." Bowing her head slightly in apology, she kinda starts to shake.

Eyes widening, I quickly shake my head side to side. "Wha? N-n-no it's-it's no tr-trouble. S-sit, can you ex-explain what we're doing?" She hastily sits next to me, and before she can say anything I say, "I-I'm Tomoko Nara b-by the w-way."

She looks up at my face with surprise then smiles softly and starts to explain what we are to do, still stuttering of course.

At the end of the day, I could already tell this would be a beautiful start to a new friendship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Gahh, so sorry for all the stuttering, it needed to be done. And I'm also sorry for how long it took me to write this chapter. With the writers block I've been having and with all the other ideas I have for this book I just couldn't write much. So yeah, sorry.

But I gotta say, new friendships are so beautiful aren't they?

Anyways, whatcha guys think about this chapter? I tried to make it kinda short because I just wanted to really introduce my new character Akemi, but also explain what's gonna happen soon.

Well I should say thanks for reading!!

Ja'ne!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit

I just fixed grammatical mistakes and a few missing, or wrong,  words.