Chapter 10

The graduation ceremony wasn't all that important like is was in my old world. It seems since this world is based mostly on ninja, that even the citizens don't think graduating all that important. Sure seeing your kid grow up is great and all, but it's such a little thing compared to ninjas that people just don't care.

My parents were probably the happiest their, but that's not saying much considering I'm a 9 year old graduating with 19 year olds.

The ones who showed up were Mom, Dad, Shikamaru, Ino, Akemi, Choji, Akemi Choji and Ino's parents, and Maseru Suzu. Maseru is Akemi's friend from when she was in first grade and I got to see him several times over the years. I also started to help him with his school work, like Akemi.

Both Akemi and Maseru already asked the Hokage to take a test, like I did, to weigh what grade they should be in and they'll be taking it in about a week. That's also the time I'm going to go out with my plan. 'Even though my plan may back fire.' I thought glumly.

Shaking off my negative thoughts, I walked over to those who came to congratulate me. There were lots of 'I'm so proud of you,' and tiers, from almost everyone around me. Maseru being the most ridiculous, he's baling out his eyes trying, and failing, to hid them while shouting out "I'm so proud Tomoko-chan!!! But not proud enough to cry. Nope, not crying!!" With that I promptly flicked his forehead making him scream shout even more saying something along the lines of 'So mean Tomo-chan,' and 'Never getting any respect.'

With that episode done, everyone went their own separate ways with something to do until it was my parents, Shikamaru, and I.

Shikamaru was giving me a small smile , along with Dad, while Mom was gushing. In all of this life, I'd have never used the word 'gushing' to describe my mom. She was always so happy about Shikamaru's achievements, along with mine, but she's never gushed about anything.

Pushing my mothers out of characterness, which I don't even think is a word, out of the way, we all made our way home and had my favorite dinner, Sushi. It's simple yet delicious.

A week has past since my graduation. Akemi and Masaru just finished taking their tests, but they won't be getting their score until tomorrow afternoon. After asking them, they were both so absorbed in their own thoughts that I easily slipped away unnoticed.

Making my way to the Hokage building under the hot afternoon sun, I arrived at the base of the many stairs. Sighing in exasperation, I trudged up the stairs at a slow pace, so as to not get tired too fast.

After many brakes, I finally made it up the stairs. Once in the building I knew I needed to be careful, ninja could easily catch me off guard, and I'd be in a world of pain, literally.

I was also kind of regretting my decision to come here with an appointment. I knew he was busy and all that, but it's too late now. Anyways I think he already knows I'm here, so I just suck it up and walk to the door and knock.

After a muffled, "Come in," I opened the door to find the old man at his desk with a friendly smile on his old, wrinkled face. "Ah," the old man said trying to sound surprised, "Tomo-chan, what a pleasant surprise."

At this I just rolled my eyes and smiled warmly. "Hey old man. Sorry to just drop in without an appointment, but I wanted to ask you something without my parents knowing. They'd just question me to no end."

He hummed, not at all surprised, and asked, "What is it you want to ask me?"

"Is it possible for me to become a ninja, like my brother, mother, and father?" I asked, almost begging for their to be.

The Hokage was silent for what seems like hours when he spoke, "You know, your father asked that same question a few years ago." When he said those words, I was flabbergasted, almost to the point where my jaw hung open. Then the old man continued, "He mentioned that you've been showing signs of wanting to be a ninja, even with the risks it would cause you." As the Hokage spoke, the look in his eyes became more and more serious.

He asked me why I wanted to be a ninja so bad, and I gave him the same answer I gave my dad, I want to help people and I want to show them I'm not a disgrace to the Nara Clan.

After some back and forth conversation, I bowed, parallel to the floor, and begged, "Please...Hokage-sama, is there any way for me to become a ninja?"

I didn't get up from my bow until he cleared his throat and said, "I think so, though it my not work out and I'll have to see if I can get you some teachers to help with your chakra studies. One who specializes in taijutsu, one who specializes in ninjutsu, another who specializes in genjutsu, and finally someone who specializes in chakra its self. I won't have you become an actual Genin until those in your age group become Genin." As the old man kept talking my eyes widened with each word, hope practically shining in my eyes. "Though if any of this is to happen, I need a parents permission." Then the hope was gone, like it never even existed. There was no way either of my parents were going to agree to this, I might as well give up. "Why don't we ask your Dad? I believe he would be more lenient then your Mom."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I asked, "But isn't Dad on a mission? Who knows when he'll get back."

Chuckling, the old man said, "I actually sense your Dads chakra coming up the stairs, and I do believe he can sense you in here as well."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

Yay!! Cliffhanger!!

What does Shikaku have to say about Tomoko's rash decision? Even I don't know the answer!!

Anyways I'm sorry to say this, but I'll be updating even slower for awhile. School just started up and I'm in some advanced classes, so that's a given that I'll have a crap ton of homework.

But yeah I rushed this chapter to make it out before school started. I hope you like it!