Chapter 6 ✅

School goes on as it should, but the only thing that changed is that I actually participate in group activities, but only with Akemi. She's the only friend I have and I really don't mind.

One day after school, Akemi and I were walking up to our parents to ask if we could go around town to shop. They were reluctant at first until we all came to a compromise. Since it was just Akemi's mom here to pick her up we all decided that we'd go to the Nara compound and drop off Shika who was with Mom, here to pick me up. Then we'd go and shop with both Akemi and my Mom to chaperone, even though we don't need any.

Walking the the Nara compound I couldn't help but look over at Shika. I haven't seen him as much as I'd have like to these last few months but it was inevitable. I wonder if he's hurt that I'd rather spend time with Akemi than him. I don't know, but I'll have to hang out with him later.

While shopping Akemi and I were looking around at stores that caught our eye and after awhile we did find one. It was an accessory store, but the thing that caught our eye wasn't the jewelry, but the hair ties. Sense both Akemi and I put our hair up in some way, I came up with an idea.

Grabbing two light green ribbon, I walk over to Akemi and tie them in her hair where she always ties her hair for her ponytails. I then grab two dark green ribbons and tie them in my hair where my buns are always tied.

Smiling brightly I said to Akemi, "There, this will always symbolize our friendship!"

She looked speechless for a second then smiled at me just as brightly and asked, "Be-best friends for e-ever right?"

I nod and took Akemi's hand leading her to where our Moms are looking at jewelry. They saw us with the ribbons and started gushing to each other saying how cute we both looked. All we did was sweat drop that them.

Our Moms bought the ribbons for us and it was starting to get late so we bid farewell and went our separate ways, not until after hugging Akemi goodbye.

After a long time coming, the school year has finally ended. I was kinda wishing I wasn't going into 10th grade when school starts up again, I was actually having fun being around Akemi.

How am I going to tell her? How am I going to tell my best friend that I'm leaving her at the start of next year?

This absolutely sucks, I might as well just come out with it when the time is right.

On this day, Akemi and I were at my house. We either stay at my house or hers and play any game at our disposal. At my house it's mostly shoji and I always win.

Taking a break from our games we lay in the grass, staring up at the sky when suddenly, "I know we're not going to be in the same class next year. You don't have to say anything, it's so noticeable."

And there it was, the one thing I could have gone without talking about, the one thing I didn't want to talk about.

As I just lay in the grass, I just tighten my arms around my stomach and don't say anything.

We lay in tense silence, neither one of us moving. The silence is ruined by Akemi sitting up cross legged with her hair covering her eyes.

"You could have just told me you know. Sure I would have been sad, but as long as you're happy it's ok." Looking up at me, Akemi looks straight into my eyes and at first I thought she was angry, but it only took me a second to see the tears in her eyes. "You dummy, we're best friends, aren't we?"

Holding back my own tiers I nod my head and say, "I just didn't want you to be sad. It's the whole thing I was avoiding. Aren't you mad at me? For keeping this from you?"

Smiling sadly at me Akemi replied, "of course not. I can't ever be mad at you. I just wish you'd have told me earlier."

While tears blur my vision, I quickly sit up, and throw my arms around Akemi's shoulders while burying my face into the crook of her neck.

Then I come to a conclusion. Sucking in a breath, I remove my face from her neck, and quickly spit out, "but what if I tutor you. It's summer now, so I can teach you what ever you can learn quick enough that you maybe able to graduate earlier." It's wishful thinking I know this and she could always disagree but it's-

My thoughts are quickly cut off when Akemi said, "sure, I'd love that."

I brighten when she said that. Even though we won't be in the same grade next year I hope one day Akemi can graduate early.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

So sorry for the crappy sentimental stuff between Tomoko and Akemi, you have to remember they're only children even if one of them is reincarnated.

Anyways I hope you enjoy this book thanks for reading.

Ja'ne!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit

Some grammatical mistakes fixed and some words fixed.