Chapter 35.

~final chapter :*

Excited mumbles erupted through the class like waves crashing on the beach. After several attempts-and failing each time- the teacher gave up on trying to calm us. Who wouldn’t be excited for spring break?

I gently bite my lip while letting my mind wander, the smell of salty ocean air, sand in between my toes, deep blue oceans… Collin. My smile grew as I fell into deeper thought. I sat up straighter and let a little squeal of excitement out. Everything was packed, it had been for a few days now and every time Collin and I talked our trip came up at least once.

I closed my eyes trying to calm myself remembering that I still had a full day of school to get through first.

A full day of school then a MASSIVE party!

Hell yeah ;)

I glanced around the room.

 “My daddy bought me…”

“My dad paid for...”

“My dad and i…”

I felt my shoulders sink a little bit. The last few days had been a bit rough.my dad was really on my mind. I tried to keep myself distracted but often found myself at weak points. I took a deep breath and put Collin in my mind instead of my dad.

 The more I thought about this trip the more I thought about when I was little and my dad used to tell me that when I was high school and spring break came he would never let me go somewhere else with a boy. But here I was, already to hop on the flight.

I guess as much as I’m fine I’ve come to a point where I just really miss him. ‘But he doesn’t deserve to be missed.’ I fumed angrily in my head.

I took a deep breath and looked around for a distraction. I had literally hours left until I was on the plane and I could not wait. Of course before we took off we would have to attend this big party celebrating spring break.

I doodled random things in my binder hoping to keep my mind occupied until class was over. I ended up talking with the girl who sat next to me about the party tonight. She was going to wear her new tiffany blue swing dress she had gotten for her birthday with some sparkly heels he had found on sale at the mall.

Then the conversation was turned around to me “what are you going to wear?”

This caught me by surprise, I hadn’t really thought too much about what I was going to wear. “Umm, I-I’m not too sure yet actually.”

~

Second period.

I had watched the clock for literally five minutes and I swear the hands are not movin

Tick.tick.tick.

I don’t want to wait any longer.

What am I going to wear tonight? This question struck my brain making me sit straight up. I started raking my mind for the dresses I have in my closet. I sighed in defeat and put my head on my desk. What does it matter? I’ll just pick one, it’s not like I have 5 million to choose from.

The teacher wasn’t even doing anything either. He was just sitting at his desk letting us do whatever. Not like he could get us to focus anyway.

~

Lunch.

~

Third period.

~

Fourth period.

~

I swear I RAN to my truck. I just wanted to get away from school. I started up the engine then turned it back off. Feeling deflated I remembered I had to wait for Lacy because we were going to get ready together. I let my head fall back and I closed my eyes.