Reunion

Enjoy the chapter! (Btw it's like 5000 words. I got a little carried away).

---

Lexa's POV

All the groups were in position. All they were waiting for was the light to switch off, indicating Raven and Wick had been successful in shutting off the power. Before Clarke had left, she'd mentioned the sixty second time frame they had before the power switched back on. So, the Skaikru had built a bomb to blow the door.

Lexa was starting to get impatient, waiting for the light to switch off. But, she told herself it takes as long as it takes, and tried to convince herself Clarke was fine. Lexa probably wouldn't be able to immediately get to Clarke, and she knew that. She'd have to fight first, and she was ready.

The light flicked off and the Skaikru member with the switch flicked it on. Lexa waited for the boom, but it never came. The man with the button pressed it a few more times, then grunted in annoyance. "I need to get closer." He stood and moved to walk forward, but gunshots came from the ridge, one striking him in the shoulder. He called out in pain and collapsed back behind the rock. Lexa ducked, getting out of the way of the gunshots.

"How are we going to get to it?" The man said.

"I'll go up." One of the Skaikru men (who Lexa knew had a kid inside) said.

"Form a barrier around him," Lexa told her soldiers. They grabbed their shields and got set up, the Skaikru man getting between them. When they started moving, the gunshots started as well. The men started going down, on top of the Skaikru man. Lexa wasn't sure if he was still alive or not, but she didn't have time to think about that.

"Ten seconds!" The girl with the watch shouted. One of Lexa's warriors, who was beside her, cursed under his breath and pulled out an arrow, reaching out and igniting it in a torch.

He let the arrow fly, and it hit the bomb, making it explode. Lexa ducked behind the rock, watching the last of the dust and smoke from the bomb clear. The shooters were still on the ridge, so Lexa decided to take matters into her own hands.

"Ryder!" She called.

He looked over at her, "Yes, Heda?"

"Make sure they pull the door open. I'm going to take some soldiers and get the shooters on the ridge." She saw him nod before she turned around, motioning to a few more of her soldiers.

"Follow me," she told them in Trigedasleng. They followed her down the slope, to the path that led to the ridge. She made sure her men were quiet as they snuck around, avoiding branches and anything that would give their position away.

When they arrived at the ridge, Lexa could see the men aiming their guns down below.

She looked back at her men before bursting from the trees, dragging her sword out and taking out the first of many mountain men.

---

Raven's POV

They'd just barely made it to safety before the explosion. Raven had tripped and fallen, spraining her ankle, but it was nothing she couldn't handle. Wick lifted her and helped her walk.

"You okay?" He asked.

"You should see the other guy." She grunted, limping behind him. He wrapped an arm under her shoulders and let her lean on him.

"Alright." He laughed, "Let's just get out of here."

They made their way back the way they came. There was a tunnel that led back to the outside, where they would find two Grounder guards waiting to escort them back, since neither of them had arrived with weapons.