The Ice Queen

Clarke's POV

Clarke stood beside Lexa's throne, having gotten here early due to the lack of cuddle time with Lexa. When she'd woken up, Lexa had already been gone. A single piece of scratch paper with Lexa's scribbling in Trigedasleng that she had a few things to take care of before the meeting was all Clarke had found. She remembered the way to the meeting room well enough, and had gotten dressed quickly and made her way down. The Ambassadors had already been here, standing around and talking amongst themselves. 

Clarke clasped her hands in front of her, lifting her chin as she watched everyone around the room. The man she recognized as Titus stepped up beside her, turning to face the same direction as her. He didn't look at her as he spoke.

"I certainly hope you're not distracting Heda from her duties." He muttered so only she could hear.

"I certainly hope you're not threatening me." Clarke glanced over at him.

"Of course I'm not." He glared, "I know you've been with her for two years-"

"And in that time, she has accomplished a lot with me by her side. I'm not getting in her way, and I don't plan to." She said. With one last skeptical look, he returned his glare to the front of the room.

The doors opened and Lexa entered, walking down the middle of the room to her throne. The Ambassadors around them all moved to stand by their seats, waiting for Lexa to take her seat. Clarke moved in front of the chair that had been added for her, and Titus moved to his on the opposite side of the Commander's throne.

When she sat down, the Ambassadors and Titus all took their seats. Clarke sat down as well, watching Lexa intently as they all waited for her to speak.

"Bring in the accused." Lexa spoke in Trigedasleng. Had there been a member of the Skaikru present, she would have spoke in English. But they had not been added to the alliance yet.

The doors were pulled open a second time, and in came the Ice Queen. Clarke gulped down a breath of air, clenching the armrests on her chair tightly. The last time she had seen the Ice Queen, they had been discussing peace. Why had she blown up the mountain and disrupted it again?

She was stopped at the foot of the stairs, the guards pushing her down onto her knees before the Commander. Clarke stiffened in her chair when Nia looked over at her, looking confused as to why Clarke was here.

"You have been accused of destroying the mountain. How do you plead?" Lexa spoke.

"I have no shame in admitting I was behind the demise of the mountain." Nia told her, "Those wretched people did not deserve their lives. Nor did the Skaikru deserve to colonize there."

"They weren't colonizing." Clarke stood up, rage engulfing her. "They were collecting supplies. Isn't that what you do when you win a war? You take over?"

Nia picked herself off the ground, her chains rattling as she turned to face Clarke. Lexa leaned forward on her throne protectively.

"The Skaikru were not the only ones who won the war. They've begun taking over. If they really wanted an alliance, they would have abandoned the mountain and moved to us for help."

Clarke stood as well, "They didn't grow up like you. They're used to advanced medicines and equipment. If there's an option for them to get that stuff, they're not going to pass it up."