Chapter 14 - Eavesdropping

Heyaaa AngelicaRimando, thank you for being such a loyal reader. <3

____________________________

A knock on her door startled Louise.

She was just bid her good bye to Tony, now he came back? Did he forget something? Louise looked around her living room but she saw nothing of his belongings there.

Or did he just want to continue teasing her?

He had teased her too much tonight and made her laugh but she thought it was enough, she needed to have shower and go to bed. She had early shift tomorrow.

Grumbling she swung the door open, "Tony if you......" she stopped her sentence when she saw who was knocking.

Brendan!

"Louise hi...." He gave her his tentative smile.

"Hi.... What are you doing here?" Louise was stunt by his visit.

"I.... may I come in?" his fingers clenched in fist, showing off his nervousness.

Louise took a step back and let him in. As much as she didn't want to have anything to do with this man but she had to keep her manner in check.

Louise left the door ajar before turning her head to face Brendan, "What do you want Brendan?"

"Louise...." He was taken aback by her cold reaction. It was all new to him. Louise was usually welcomed him with big smile on her face and she would then threw herself toward him and cling heavily against his body but now she seemed so distance, like a stranger.

"I...." He lifted his gaze from the floor and dared himself to look at her, "I am here to apologize." He finally breathed out his agenda.

"About what?" Louise asked, still stood still next to the opened door of her apartment.

"About.... Um.... Can we sit and talk please?"

Folding her arms across her chest she lifted her chin, "I like it here. Go ahead, talk."

"Okay..." he knew he didn't have the right to get a special treatment from his ex, so he continued and wishing for the best that he wouldn't screw up again, "I am here to apologise about what I've done to you. I know I was a jerk, I cheated on you and I sacked you after. I am sorry."

"Apology not accepted but thank you for trying. Anything else?"

"I......" Brendan looked pale, sweat invaded his temples. He took three big steps to approach Louise and with his shaky hand he took Louise' palm, "I want you back...." He mumbled. "I love you Louise.... And I regret everything I did in the past. I didn't mean to hurt you..."

Louise stared blankly at him, didn't know what to say. She never thought Brendan could lower himself like now. He used to be an arrogant prick even she questioned herself why in the hell she was agreed to go out with him on the first place... um.... Actually she knew why, she loved his money and his fame and his look and his attention....

"I couldn't take you out of my mind since that day. I was going to come here to beg you to take me back but I thought you would still be mad..."

"Gee.... I wonder why..." Louise replied sarcastically.

"Louise...." Brendan was a little shock of how mad Louise was. She used to be quiet and meek. She would cry and told him off mildly for sure but she wouldn't be this mad, she wouldn't be sarcastic and she definitely wouldn't have the heart to embarrass him just like she just did.