Chapter 2

Link slunk around behind a building that looked like it was made of candy. Delicious smells wafted from within, but they were noticeably less tempting when he was in his beast form, being a carnivore and all. He had decided to leave the farm before sundown; he would be more camouflaged in the dark. It was currently sunset, and early evening shadows danced across his fur. 

 He found himself glancing through the window of the candy building, and was greeted by a sight that made him duck straight down again. Inside, Twilight was sitting at a table with a pink earth pony with blue eyes, cotton candy hair and balloons on her flank. There was also a white unicorn with dark blue eyes, curled purple hair and diamonds for a cutie mark. Probably two more ponies Twilight was spreading rumours about him to.

 After a few minutes, the sun had disappeared, disguising him in darkness. It was a good thing, too, because Twilight trotted out of the building, the white unicorn by her side. The pink pony waved them off, twisted her head from side to side, and walked back inside.

 Once the light had completely vanished, Link dared to cross to the other side of the street. He was only halfway across the pastel-coloured tiles when something barrelled into his side, causing him to yelp as the stitches in his side loosened.

 He felt himself being forced into the ground, and straightened his legs. It made it easier for him to crumple of his own accord, but stopped him from being crushed. He lifted one paw and swatted at whatever was on his back. A pony, probably. They seemed to know what he was trying to do, and ducked away before leaping back on top of him.

 "Not so fast, wolf!" the pony yelled. They had a feminine, cocky voice. "There's no way I'm letting you go! No way I'm letting you kill everypony!"

 Link growled angrily, snapped his head round and landing a bite on a muscled blue foreleg.

 "Nobody's seen Applejack for hours! You probably killed her, didn't you!" The pony was holding back a short sob. So that's what Twilight had been telling everyone? Why in the name of the three goddesses of Hyrule would he kill the only pony – spare from Fluttershy – who hadn't attacked him so far?

 Link suddenly felt a shift in weight on his back. The pony had got off, but there was still pressure surrounding him, lifting him up. No. No, no, no, no, NO!

 He struggled desperately, but there was no point. He was levitated into the air, and found himself face to face with a fuming purple alicorn – as Applejack had called her. Twilight's eyes were full of rage. She sure was one to hold a grudge. At least against unidentified creatures who tried to kill her pet dragon.

 "You're coming with us." She stated without a doubt. "Rainbow, go tell Pinkie, Rarity and Fluttershy to meet me at the castle. I doubt there's any Applejack left to tell."

 Rainbow – a blue pegasus with magenta eyes, rainbow hair and a rainbow lightning bolt for a cutie mark – saluted Twilight before taking off into the air at super speed. Twilight's horn glowed more fiercely and the pressure around Link tightened. The light grew too bright, and the beast was forced to close his eyes. When he opened them again, he was standing in a room made of crystal, with a large crystal table in the middle and seven crystal chairs around the table. Each chair – apart from a smaller one – had one of Twilight's friends' cutie marks on it. He was held in place by Twilight's magic.

 After a few minutes, Spike, Fluttershy, Rainbow, 'Pinkie' and 'Rarity' entered the room and sat in their designated chairs. Link was lifted off the ground and placed on the table. He felt the chain around his leg tighten, and looked down to see magenta mist holding it tightly, sticking him to the table.