Ch 25

Jason's POV

I sped my way home, I just left Amber at her house, so she'll be fine. But my head was still spinning with questions about what happened.

Finally I saw my house come to a clearing, I saw the ambulances, fire trucks, and police cars already at my house investigating the burned area. I parked my car without a care in the world what can happen to it. I rushed to my fathers side, he was on a stretcher, with his face badly burnt, I tried to ask the paramedics what happened, but they didn't respond to my question. I tried the firemen, all they said that they only came for the fire that happened here.

My last chance was to the police men, I went over and asked again " what happened here? " I said it calmly to them, hoping they'll respond to me. A short police man came over to me, I took in his features, He had very tan skin with a bit on scars running on his body, he had very brown eyes and a very simple mustache. He looked like one of those old short fat cops that you always saw in movies.

I payed attention to the cop who was telling me a lecture about how my father was safe from the fire, I brushed it off and asked the question again " I just want to know how this all happened and is my father going to be okay? " I said, the cop responded with a sigh and looked me in the eye and said "We first got a call from your neighbors, saying that there was a loud noise coming your house, we came and heard the loud crashes coming inside the house, we knocked and we got no response from inside. Waited for five minutes with the sound still going, till we busted down the door. We walked in to see shattered bottles of alcoholic drinks all over the floors of the house, but no sign of him. We checked downstairs and saw no one, so we moved upstairs and heard noises in the bathroom." The police man stopped when a fire fighter came and said that the fire was out. The police man nodded and looked back. As he looked back I saw a shine that went into my eyes from the street post, I looked down and saw the word 'CHIEF' in bold letters on the police mans chest. The police man looked at me "well we have to go, if you want to see your father go to the ambulance truck"
After that he just walked away, like had nothing happened, I glanced at the ambulance truck where my father was in, my feet turned on their own, walking towards the truck.
Paramedics surrounded my fathers body, I walked closer and closer until I saw his eyes open up wide. His sea green eyes stared at the roof of the truck, he then put his head up, where he saw me staring at him.
He sat up and looked at me more, the paramedics shouted at him to lay back down because of his burns, he didn't listen to them. He just stared, as if he saw a ghost, just then the paramedics laid him down again where he punched one hardly and the poor guy fell back.
My eyes widened in shock as I stared at my father get up and walk over to me, he had a limp in his walk though, but still made it over to me. When he arrived right in front of me, I stared into his ocean blue eyes and he stared into mine.
He then lifted up his hand and I clenched my jaw preparing for a punch, but it never came, his hand instead rested on my shoulder.
I heard the screamed of the paramedics in the back ground but I didn't really care, what I was most worried was what the hell my father was doing.
He then opened his mouth "Jason" he spoke, his voice was weak and trembling, I stood still though not responding, waiting for what he was going to say next. He then spoke again.
"I'm sorry I never looked at you as my son and I'm sorry you didn't look at me as your dad, instead you only looked at me as your father, and I'm sorry for not being a dad, I was always drunk and I attempted to kill your mother-" that's where he stopped and paramedics grabbed his arms and pulled him into the truck. I stood there dumb folded and looked down and blinked and looked at the house where I once lived burned, 'I was just here a hour ago, i just left Amber off and this happens' I say in my head, I look down and I pull my hood up and walked to my car and I blinked more and sighed and hit my head hardly on the wheel "I don't have anything anymore" I whispered to myself and closed my eyes and sighed.
The next day
I heard a tap on glass, it was soft and only tapped 3 times but I woke up from it. I let my eyes adjust to my surroundings, where I noticed I was in my car, I looked to my side and saw a woman there, she looked around mid forties, he lips where red and she was in a crimson red coat, I rolled my window down and saw her details some more. She had platinum blonde hair and crystal blue eyes she had some wrinkles here and there but she didn't look to old.
She smiled widely at me and said "aren't you cold being in that car with no heat?" I blinked and I noticed I was only in my jacket and jeans, my car was off and I blinked more, um no ma'am thank you for worrying" I said and she smiled more. I soon noticed a dog right next to her, it was a small chihuahua and it had a little sweater on, I looked at it more and smiled "may I ask why your out here in the woods ma'am?" I said and she smiled.
"I was just taking my dog for a walk and I got lost....until I saw this car and I went to it to see if there was anyone in here and here you are" she says smiling and I blinked, this woman was weird, for many reasons. I looked at her and I saw her red cheeks "do you want a ride to your house?" I said feeling bad and she blinked, "I couldn't possibly-" and I interrupted, "no please it's the least I can do" I said and she smiled and got into my car. Her dog rested on her lap and I drove out the woods and proceeded her directions to go to her house, we made small talk and she asked me some questions and I answered them, some half true since I didn't want her to get into any of my problems.
After the small talk she said something that surprised me, she said she had a son, the same age as me. At that very moment she pointed to a house "there" she said smiling, I pulled into the driveway and she smiled more and I turned off the car, she slowly got out and I did also.
I walked her to her house where I heard the front door open, I looked up and saw two stone grey eyes stare into my eyes. "Dylan" I said and he smirked widely at me as his mother smiles innocently, not knowing the history between us two.