P R O L O G U E.

Violet didn't know what she was doing there.

The sacred building loomed over her head as she stood directly in front of it, its lonesome white doors wide open.

She wasn't sure if they beckoned her forward with a promise of resolution and trust or held nothing but pain for her to further sink into. Either way she had come this far, escaped the watchful eyes upon her for weeks, and was risking everyone's exposure and safety so she might as well go inside.

Her heeled boots clicked forward as she crossed the street to enter the church. It had been a long time since she had thought of religion and God, even longer since she had stepped into a place like it. Her mother had been a Catholic before settling down with her father and even in the early stages of Violets childhood she had remember being baptized along with Sam, and shown the way of the religion.

That had been years past and now, as her foot passed the threshold she briefly wondered if the church would come crumbling down around her or if she would explode into a fiery rage as her body was trapped by the holy place, anything at all that indicated she was truly a monster. Something that might truly expose her for what she was, or thought she was.

Her eyes looked around quickly, finding nothing but smiling faces of the Forks citizens who only seemed too happy for the happy day. The only thing Violet felt was fear for them and their safety. She didn't quite know why on earth she had wanted to come to this very place since turning or why she had thought this was a good idea but it had happened and she had gotten her wish. Under the very observant eyes of every Cullen and her boyfriend, Violets every step was monitored and her emotions were kept in check. During the duration of this time all she could think about was a bright sunny day, one of which she would be able to escape into the town where no vampire would be able to follow and she would be free. It had taken over a month but eventually the day had come and she was quick to escape.

As predicted her skin didn't give off the glittery shine that was a trademark to the undead, for the girl was a hybrid and she had every advantage of each kind without a single disadvantage to show.... well known Violet cared to admit. So she had left the Cullen residence spontaneously, and now she took a seat in one of the lonesome pews, whilst she waited for any indication she was forbidden or someone was listening.

Her knee bounced up and down in a steady rhythm as her breathing slowed and she relaxed, her emotions for once overlapping one another. She felt it all, pain, despair, pity, self-loathing, confusion, on and on the list went on as for over a month she hadn't been able to cope properly.

When it seemed the church was void of people she looked up to the statue of Jesus Christ and tearfully smiled.

"Forgive me father for I have sinned? Isn't this how it goes? I don't know honestly.... I haven't been a good catholic you could say. Truth be told I don't know why I'm here, to be completely honest I was hoping this would be like a moment of clarity where I would find the right answers to the hell.... whoops sorry I'm not suppose to curse—oh who am I kidding? I'm a walking sin sir but hey I'm here though and I'm repenting for my sins so I guess it doesn't matter if i do curse or not? I don't think you'll mind much right? It's just I rarely speak without cursing and... I'm getting off track, let me start over."

Her eyes shut for a brief moment, letting in a massive amount of cold air as her newly improved lungs collected it all. Using her newly improved mind to collect her thoughts and scramble for the perfect way to be as she once again began her monologue.

"Basically big J, I live in a fucked up world and no I don't mean all the things around the world and country although we should really have a talk about that because hello the worlds literally going to hell but lets not go down that road now... what I'm trying to say is my personally life is a shitfest and I can't seem to fix it. I take one step forward and get shoved ten back. Don't get me wrong the good is marvelous, its beautiful and something I cling onto for the sake of my sanity but the bad man... its pulling me into a grave. And no I don't mean an actual grave because been there done that, don't worry we will get back to that. I mean that what's been happening with my life as of late has been shit and well... I guess this is where I explain my whole life story.