E L E V E N

"Emmett if we ever have children Mardi Gras will be the cause of it." Violet swung from light poles as the walked across the empty streets of the French quarter. She was laughing, enjoying herself despite the quiet night air. They'd long since walked away from Bourbon street and into one of the darker parts of town.

The streets were silent, enough to hear a cat stroll from two streets away and of course Violets patter of feet as she danced.

Emmett laughed, even more relaxed then usual, here there was no threat of the Volturi, just his beautiful wife to be fearless as ever. Her speaking of children made him think they had an actual shot after this, like life would be okay for them... and to that he breathed a sigh of relief.

Violet noticed but didn't give it much of a thought, knowing that it was best to just leave it be. "So where are we gonna find Garrett and Stone?"

Emmett whistled lowly, nodding his head towards some British man singing loudly further down the street. He was all by himself, a large guitar in his case as he swung it side by side. The obnoxious tune made Vi snarl in annoyance, she would kill him herself is she couldn't predict what was happening.

A sudden streak of blonde hair and pale skin dashed from across the other side of the street and shoved him into the nearest alleyway.

His low gurgled plead of help made VI's head turn toward Emmett in curiosity. His smile was wide, eyes practically glistening, aside from his family these were his best friends. "Come on."

They sped over in time to find Garett standing at the edge of the alley, feet just at the top of the streetlights. If he noticed the couple approaching he didn't acknowledge them as he clicked his tongue in annoyance and tilted his head. "Shut up! I hated the first British lnvasion. And I hate the second one even more."

Emmett chose to speak up then, hand wrapped around the top of his fiancé's shoulder as she continued to watch the interaction. "Even the Beatles? Really, Garrett?"

"Better them then me." Stone appeared from the other end, stepping into the light with a smile. His eyes looked around the small group, including the man about to become there lunch and teetered on his heels. Even though his eyes were on Vi for the same amount of time as Garrett and Emmett she couldn't help but feel like he said something to her then. His last words rang in her head and she realized that the one thing he asked for had still gone undone.

She came back to reality when Garrett shrug. "Old habits die hard too."

"Carlisle needs you both." Vi cut to the chase, looking between them with seriousness to show the urgency. As much as she wanted to stay in the city of bourbon forever that wasn't an option. The squirms of the man about to be dead had seemed to be oblivious to them, including his slow crawl away.

"Sounds interesting darling." Garrett charming stayed looking solely at the pretty brunette. From what Stone had said she did not disappoint. There was something about her stance, she was little but there was no doubt by the fire behind her eyes that the world could be hers with a snap of her fingers. Stone had been right, she was not to be fucked with.

"Help! Help me!" The man attempted to stand and surprise Stone but the man was quick and he managed to wrap his palm around his throat.

"But first we better finish my meal." Stone casually spoke and bit into the man's throat. Garrett turned to notice Emmett's head turn in the other direction while Vi didn't even flinch.

Her darkened eyes found him and in return he winked her way. "Best not to look at what happens next."

"I don't squirm." Vi muttered and she didn't, not even when the man slowly started to die out.

|•|•|•|•|

SHORT AGAIN IM SORRY BUT THE NEXT ONES ARE DEFINITELY GOING TO BE MUCH LONGER!!