S I X

The week passed slower then ever, anticipation and fear growing in each and every person on the Cullen residence. For some death was not an option but for other death seemed like the only road taken so far.

Vi prioritized herself around Bella and Jacob, she was always either making sure the human girl was taken care of or keeping the perimeter of the house secured.

Jacob revealed to Vi that not only had Seth joined their side but so had Leah, which had not gone over well. Begrudgingly she had agreed to let the she wolf stay so long as she kept in line.

Bella was another problem, each day more problems arose, more bones broke, and their hope lessened. She was growing weaker, colder, and the stench of death was that much harder to ignore.

Edward grew bitter by the days, eyes darkening as well as his families. They were slowly growing weaker and Violet could do nothing about it.

She stepped out into the forest when Esme gave her a break, the fresh September air felt perfect against her skin. She breathed it in deeply and wondered briefly what it would be like to just run, the trees called her and the wind caressed her skin as if asking her to just go.

"Don't do it."

Vi turned abruptly, being caught by Leah who had now shifted into her human form. The faint smell of the Cullen's wafted off the wolf girl and towards the hybrid, she was wearing a plain grey shirt from Alice's collection along with white shorts from Esme. From the disgust on the wolf's face it was clear she didn't like it but there was really no other option if she wanted to walk around human or eat.

Vi stared at the girl, attempting not to let a scowl overcome her face before she sighed and looked away. "And why is that?"

"Before I left, Sam said he wanted you captured and then brought back to Emily's. He didn't want you involved in this or to kill you so he was going to kidnap you. I bet my life they're just waiting for you." Leah explained, eyes traveling the darkening terrain.

"Typical Sam," Vi snorted before really staring down the girl. "Why are you here Leah? Like really here?"

"Seth." She answered bluntly and without thought. "And your brother. I can't leave my baby brother to get himself killed over something he has nothing to do with. And I was tired of hearing Sam's constant guilt, I couldn't stand it any longer."

Vi nodded her head silently, she could understand the former. After her break up with Jacob that's all she was able to feel, they hung out with the same people so it was evident they would face one another and each time it was the same pain written across his face. It grew worse after he turned into a wolf and was over the house every other day.

"Well, I can understand that." She sighed. "I warn you though Leah. You turn against us and you'll be the first to die."

Leah nodded towards her warning.

Violet turned from the forest despite her need to be free, walking past Leah she mumbled. "If you and Seth get hungry just howl, I've got food stacked in the house and it smells more like me then vampire."

If Leah nodded she didn't see as the brown haired girl made her way back inside the Cullen home.

She took a seat on Emmett's lap, the large male was intently watching the football game on tv while he sat in a Lazyboy. She relaxed into his lap, his arm automatically wrapping around her waist and legs adjusting to her comfort as his lips placed a kiss to her temple.

Vi breathed in his warm set, tangling her fingers with his own. Her eyes flickered over to Bella once she'd grown comfortable enough, finding the human girl laid across the couch with Jacob holding her feet in his lap. She was wearing a thick sweater and a blanket but even so she shivered.