T W E L V E

"So who else is gonna be here?" Garrett questioned, leaning his head in between the space of the front seats. His blonde hair swayed over his face before he was blowing it away and his ruby eyes stared between the couple.

Vi shrugged her shoulders, seeing the familiar trees of the Cullen's home approaching. "I don't know, me for starters."

"Most of Carlisle's friends, you would know them if you two actually ever liked to socialize." Emmett retorted, turning his head.

"Blame the man beside me, he's a grouch." The blonde responded.

"I like my privacy is the difference." Stone muttered, playful shoving his friend back. Garrett smiled at him, shoving him back and moving towards the window. "Besides I think I can name a few. Are the Denali women going to show or have they chosen to sit this one out too?"

"Bella said they'd be there." Vi answered him, "we can only hope they weren't lying."

"Anyone else? Rosalie perhaps?" Garrett questioned, his smirk raised Violet's eyebrow as she turned back to see Emmett gritting his teeth and tightening his hold on the wheel.

"Who's Rosalie?"

Emmett turned his head, noticing the considerable crease between Violets brows and her curious eyes. He didn't keep things from Violet, secrets weren't exactly his forte but if he was being honest Rosalie skipped his mind. The blonde was notorious for sticking to herself, she preferred solidarity and was a usual at Isla Esme as she enjoyed the sun so he'd thought she wouldn't appear but it all seemed to be a possibility now.

Emmett sucked in a huge breath, feeling his throat tighten as the drive grew slower and time ticked by faster while Violets face grew less patient.

Luckily they arrived before he had the ability to answer and Renessme was already bounding towards the car doors.

"Auntie Vi!" She yelled and Vi forced a smile upon her lips as she got out of the car and forcibly slammed the door shut. There was murmuring voices and footsteps everywhere her ears turned and already she could tell the Cullen house was filled to the brim.

"Renessme!" The elemental yelped and picked up the young child, she proceeded to talk to the girl and listen adamantly as she told her of all the adventures she'd been on in the short time they'd been separated.

Emmett got out of the car, eyeing Garrett quietly who seemed to have noticed the trouble he'd caused. "Sorry, I thought you would have told her."

Emmett sighed, shaking his head in disappointment. His eyes trained on the tan skinned brunette who cheerfully listened to the young child. Although she nodded happily and pushed forward into the house her eyes turned back for a second and met his own.

Judging by the low whistle belted out by Stone and Garrett's step back everyone knew that this was just a conversation waiting to happen.

|•|•|•|•|

Violet had kept her distance from Emmett since they'd arrived home, choosing instead to follow Bella and Renessme around while they introduced her to the newcomers. She kept herself busy by remembering names and also stories of them. The Denali women seemed to be the most apprehensive but it took one sassy remark from the hybrid to convince them she meant no harm. Jacob had joined them not long after and now they awaited the return of more vampies who'd gone off hunting. Rosalie claimed to be among them and Vi was literally bouncing with energy to get a glimpse of the infamous blonde from her mates past.

"Is she pretty?" Vi questioned, sitting on the porch steps with Jacob while Bella leaned against the railing. Renessme was playing in the field with her father.