Surviving The Games (Chapter 4)~They Spare No Mercy In The Arena.

Aphmau's POV

"Go." A voice booms. 

My legs regain their ability to move, but I seem to be frozen in place. My legs start to run, taking me as far away as I can. I grab the snow boots I found earlier, then continue to run. I try to slip them on while I run, considering I'm in the freezing cold, barefoot. 

"APHMAU! APHMAU!" I hear a voice call from behind me. 

I don't stop the pace, but I look behind me to see Kenmur catching up. He seems to have a bookbag with supplies. I stop. Once he gets to me, I have the boots on. I pull him behind a small hill, then we hear footsteps and a giggling Sasha and Gene. I grab Kenmur by the collar of his shirt and pull him down to the point where they can't see us. Sasha stops right above us, but leaves seconds after. Those seconds felt like hours as beads of sweat trickled down my forehead. I peek above to make sure the coast is clear. It is, so Kenmur and I rummage thru his bookbag. We find a water bottle, a blanket, matches (And matchbox), a throwing knife and two jackets. 

Once for a male and one for a female. We hear another pair of footsteps. I peek over the small hill again to see Cadenza and Laurance running our way. I stand up and wave them over. Laurance draws his sword before he realizes it's me. He lowers his weapon, then runs over to me.

"Cadenza, we need to hide your hair. It'll be noticeable, which will make it easier for people to find you. Especially with everything being white." I ponder. 

"We could dye it." She suggests. 

"Where in the name of Irene would we get any hair dye!? We're in the middle of a snow tundra!" I exclaim. 

Cadenza shrugs, then I have an idea. I found a ponytail holder in the bookbag, so I pull that out and put Cadenza's hair into a ponytail. 

"That should work for now." I state. 

She smiles softly. A knife whizzes past us. Laurance throws me his sword, then we have Cadenza and Kenmur get down. Laurance draws his bow and arrow. It's Abby Goldenheart, District Six. She runs to us, me and her clashing weapons. I twist me sword, causing hers to fall on the snowy ground. Kenmur scrambles over and grabs it while I have my sword to Abby's neck. I push her onto the ground, then she grabs her knife and cuts my leg. I wince in pain a bit, but then Laurance grabs her knife throwing it in the distance. I put my sword to her neck once again. 

"Abby Goldenheart. Sister of Jeffory Goldenheart. District Six, am I right?" I ask. 

She gulps, "Yes." She croaks, her breaths shaky. 

She opens her mouth to scream, "Don't scream." I command.

She shuts her mouth immediately. I cut her skin, then walk off, leaving Laurance to do the rest. I lead Cadenza and Kenmur to another hill. I then hear the cannon go off. I look back and see Laurance grabbing an arrow then running towards us. Abby's scream echoes thru the hills, soon fading. 

"We have to find the others. Abby's the first to pass." I state. 

"The second, actually." Cadenza informs. 

"Who died?" I ask. 

She shrugs, "All I know is that a cannon went off at the beginning. I'm assuming it was one of the weaker ones. Such as Donna Welch or Amber Whincheck." Cadenza assumes. 

"But Amber's pretty strong. It most likely was Donna then..." I say. 

I know it could've been Kiki or Brendan, but I don't want to assume those things until I have proof. 

"APPPPHHMAUU!" I hear Nicole's voice echo. 

I look into the direction of the voice to see Nicole and Katelyn running this way. An arrow flies over Katelyn's head. She pulls out iron claws, probably her fire fists. They both start to run faster. They hide behind the hill with us.