Surviving The Games (Chapter 13)~Back At 12

Katelyn's POV

My face grows pale at the words 'Hunger Games'. I didn't think it was possible for me to be even more pale than I am, but I was wrong. I look at everybody. Laurance is holding Cadenza close. Garroth is looking around nervously. Aphmau and Aaron continue to exchange glances at each other and the forest surrounding us. As for me? I'm the one observing. An evil chuckle fills the arena, then it goes away, the sound dropping from echo to echo. 

"What're we supposed to do?" Aphmau asks the sky's. 

"Kill each other. Weapons are in the middle of you." The Man's voice says.

A whole bunch of weapons appear, "And all the 'No Magicks' stuff was a lie. You can be as brutal as you want." The Man continues. 

The firefists appear in my hands, "But what if we don't want to kill each other?" Laurance questions. 

"Then you'll die from something even worse." The Man laughs, then the sky grows dark. 

Stars start to twinkle, but are overshadowed by the huge, full moon. I feel a stab in my arm. I look up quickly and see Garroth standing there in his Jury Of Nine form. 

"You're not the only one from the Jury Of Nine... Garroth." I growl. 

My skin grows pale, my eyes white. My hair has lost most of it's color. Particles swirl around me as the firefists on my fist grow a fire. The claws on my firefists extend. I tackle Garroth, swiping at him. 

"STOP!" I hear Aphmau cry. 

She chokes on her words. Garroth and I both look at her. Tears stream down her face, then she runs off. 

Aaron follows her, "Aphmau... Wait!" Aaron exclaims. 

I look down at Garroth, "What're we doing? Didn't we vow to keep her alive?" I remind. 

Garroth turns out of his Jury Of Nine form, me doing the same. Once we're both up, we see Cadenza behind Laurance. 

"Lets go." I state. The two of them nod, then run to us. We run into the woods in attempt to find Aaron and Aphmau.

Kenmur's POV

It's said that Laurance, Cadenza, Garroth, Katelyn, Aaron and Aphmau mysteriously disappeared. I think The Man knows where they are, but just doesn't want to tell us. I look around, then see a door cracked open. I rush to it. Right before I put my hand on the doorknob, The Man appears in front of me. 

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks. I stumble to find words, "You don't want to end up like... Them... Do you?" He smirks, referring to Laurance, Cadenza, Garroth, Katelyn, Aaron and Aphmau. 

Adrenaline suddenly fills my veins, "Where are they?" I question boldly. 

"In the Second Round of the Hunger Games." The Man answers. 

My mouth opens, the adrenaline gone and replaced with a feeling that would make anybody sick to their stomach. 

"W-What?" I stutter, then run off.

Malachi's POV 

Back At Twelve, When The Arena Was Destroyed...

I look at the screens, wide-eyed. I hold Levin close. Peacekeepers escort everybody out, forcing us into our houses. It's only Levin and I. Tears swell in my eyes. My sister could be dead and I wouldn't know about it!

The screens

The games

The screeching (Caused by the screens)

My sister...

It's crashing before my eyes. A tear slips down my cheek, but I wipe it away quickly. Way before Levin would've even noticed it. I look out the window to see Marshal fighting a peacekeeper to get to us. 

I run out, "LET HER GO!" I yell. 

The peacekeepers glare at me, then Marshal runs inside. She comforts Levin. I stand boldly on my porch. It may seem bold, but my feet are actually glued to the floor. I'm frozen in fear, unable to move. One of the two peacekeepers walks up to me. He snarls, then walks off. I bolt inside to Marshal and Levin. The only people I have right now... Aphmau... Be safe. Please...

Aphmau's POV

Aaron and I run, not looking back. We refuse to look back. Or, at least I refuse. I don't know where I'm going, nor do I care. I hold tightly to the sword I had retrieved earlier. I hear Katelyn, Garroth, Laurance and Cadenza calling my name. Aaron and I ignore them, running side by side. Suddenly, I feel a hand on my wrist. 

I look in that direction and see Aaron grabbing my hand. Before I can do anything, he yanks me up into a tree. Aaron plasters his hand on my mouth. The others are right under us, but they continue running. Aaron carefully releases his hand, then grabs my hand and jumps out. We start running the other way, opposite from everybody else. He continues to have a tight grip on my wrist, refusing to let go. We make it back to where it all started. Where we entered this arena. I look back and see dark, eerie forest. 

"Lets set up camp for tonight..." Aaron suggests. 

"Sure." I reply. 

He insists on taking first watch, so I don't stop him. I slip onto the ground, falling asleep almost instantly.

Aaron's POV

Once Aphmau's asleep, I hear a rustling in the bushes. I hold my sword up, a spear plastered on my back. 

"Who's there?" I growl sternly. 

A bear-like creature jumps out of the bush. It charges right towards me. I hold my sword up, it cutting the creature's leg. I take the spear off of my back and jab at it. It lunges at me, so I throw the spear. It hits the thing in midair, it falling to the ground. I remove my spear, then kick the creature into the bushes to where it can't be seen. I glance back at Aphmau, who's still peacefully sleeping. 

Irene, she's a deep sleeper. I sigh, then sit back down on the rock I was seated on once before. I sort thru my thoughts, thinking about how to survive this round. I don't want to kill these people. Aphmau's going to win, she has to. I can't let her die, that's a first...