Who's That?

Danny's PoV

"Mom! Dad! I'm heading over to Sam's!" I called coming downstairs.

"Stop right there young man! You're staying here and meeting the Blofis's," my mom told me.

"Who's that?"

"Your mother's friend from high school, her husband and her son," my dad said.

"Wouldn't it be their son?" Jazz asked.

"No, Percy's father was lost at sea," the other woman there said.

"Oh, Sally. I'm sorry for your loss," Maddie said.

"Oh. He didn't die, he's just out at sea."

"Danny this is Sally, Paul, and Percy. Why don't you take Percy to meet your friends?"

"It's fine Mrs. Fenton, I can just go for a walk," Percy cut in.

"No. Danny is going to take you with him, in case a ghost attacks."

"Ghost?" Percy asked while raising his eyebrows.

"Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" I called out dragging Percy with me.

"Okay, first rule, don't ever mention ghosts around my parents."

"Why? They hunt ghosts or something?" Percy replied.

"Actually yes, they do. Anyway we're going to my friend Sam's house to hang out with her and Tucker."

After that we walked in silence until we reached Sam's.

"Danny! Come on in. And who's your friend?" Sam asked.

"This is Percy, he and his family are staying with mine for the school year, he's a senior," I explained.

"Okay, well come on in," Sam said and stepped out of the way.

"Um. Do you have a bathroom?" Percy asked standing awkwardly off to the side.

"Yeah. Upstairs next to my room. Come on, I'll show you. Danny and I will be in my room right here," Sam said as she walked by.

"Thanks."

"Danny, how are we supposed to talk about the ghost problem while he's here? And more importantly, how are you going to go ghost at night?" Sam asked as we walked into her room.

"Hey Sam, Danny," Tuck said walking into Sam's room.

"Tucker how did you get in?"

"I opened the door, and walked in."

"Tuck, my mom's friend's so-" I started to say as Percy walked in.

"Tucker meet Percy, my mom's friend's son. He and his family are staying for the school year."

"Hi Percy," Tucker greeted him, "So where you from?"

"Manhattan. Paul used to work a Goode, but he got a job offer at Casper so I can't do senior year at Goode," Percy replied.

"That's cool. Who's Paul?"

"My stepdad."

"What happened to your real dad Percy?" Sam asked.

"Lost at sea, he's not dead, but at sea."

"Oh."

"I'm gonna head back, I want to call someone back home," Percy said and left us.

"Dude, what are you gonna do with Percy whatever his last name is? What if Skulker attacks!? Or Desiree?!" Tucker exclaimed.

"Calm down Tuck. Worse comes to worse, I'll just say I need a glass of water or something."

"So, anyone excited for the first day of school, tomorrow? I heard we got a new English teacher."

"NO!" Sam and I exclaimed at the same time.

"I got to go guys, catch up to Percy. My parents are going to kill me when they figure out I didn't go home with him," I told them.

"See you tomorrow Danny, possibly tonight if anything bad happens," Sam said.

"Bye Danny!"

"Bye guys," I said and walked into the nearest alley before changing to see if I could catch Percy. I found him about a block from my house, holding a pen like it could save his life. Just then a box sprang up and shot towards him. Percy somehow managed to dodge the box. I landed behind a car and changed before running out.

"Percy!"

"Hey Danny," he called dodged another box.

"Danny get behind me, we're going to dash over to your house," Percy called. I did. We ran over to my house,before we stop and walked in like civilized humans.

"Hey Mom, Paul," Percy said walking through.

"How was it?" Sally asked us.

"It was great Mom. I'm going to go talk to Annabeth," Percy said.

"Okay."

"Um. Danny do you have someplace I can speak privately, like a bathroom?" Percy asked.

"Yeah, across the hall from my room. I'll show you where it is," I said as I started to go upstairs.

"Here it is, have fun," I say as I walk into my room.

Then I heard something out of the ordinary.

"Ris, of the rainb...., Annab.... ....Ase at Bost....," I heard Percy say, though some parts were muffled.

"Seaweed Brain!" 

"Hi Wise Girl, keep it dow...., I'm bathroom, at my ....s friend's house. How's the ....sin search?"

"No ....ace, yet. I swear I'm goin.... .... kill my uncle, if he dragged me away for a goose chase."

"Talk to you tomorrow?"

"See you then."

I heard Percy leave the bathroom and come into my room.

"So, how was your phone call?" I asked.

"What? Oh, it was good."

"So, you excited for school tomorrow?"

"I guess. I hate to change schools. That was going to be the longest I've ever been to one school, until Paul got a job here," Percy explained.

"Oh. How many times have you changed schools?"

"Um. Seven or eight I think? I'm not quite sure?"

"Okay. What does your step-dad do?"

"He's an English teacher. My mom's an author."

"Oh, that's cool. We should probably go downstairs. Dinner will be ready soon," I said wanting to get away from this conversation.

"Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi there! I hope you like the story so far!

~sam_fenton